Charter Yacht ‘Lupa of London’ takes Line Honours at RORC Transatlantic Race 2014
Yesterday saw the final stretch of the 2014 RORC Transatlantic Race in which the 23m/75ft luxury charter yacht ‘Lupa of London’ take line honours off the coast of the beautiful island of Grenada.
Following two delays due to bad weather conditions, the inaugural RORC Transatlantic Race in conjunction with the International Maxi Association (IMA) finally kicked off on the 30th November. The fleet of high-performance sailing yachts set sail from Puerto Calero Marina, Lanzarote bound for Camper & Nicholsons Port Louis Marina, Grenada West Indies, 3000 miles away across the Atlantic Ocean.
‘Lupa of London’ has been battling it out with another charter yacht, the 29m/94ft Southern Wind sailing yacht ‘Windfall’ all week, finally taking the lead early on Wednesday morning. Race fans and crew have been closely watching the RORC online tracker with the winners taking the International Maxi Association Trophy in an elapsed time of 11 days, 01 hour, 38 minutes and 55 seconds.
We worked really hard and seamlessly together to get the boat going as fast as we could and I am really proud of all the crew…..Daniel Stump , Skipper, Lupa of London
Greeted by a cacophony of water cannons fired by the Grenada Fire Service, ‘Lupa of London’ and her crew were given a warm welcome into the Caribbean ‘Spice Island’ waters. Skipper, Daniel Stump from Isle of Wight commented on their victory: ‘We were only eight crew, but they are some top sailors with great commitment and willpower. We worked really hard and seamlessly together to get the boat going as fast as we could and I am really proud of all the crew….. Winning Line Honours is a dream and we have a great shot at winning the race overall.’
HIGH PERFORMANCE SAILING YACHTS FOR CHARTER
Maltese Falcon Yacht For Charter
88m Perini Navi, 2006 / 2015
Vertigo Yacht For Charter
67m Alloy Yachts, 2011
Parsifal III Yacht For Charter
54m Perini Navi, 2005 / 2012
Inukshuk Yacht For Charter
33m Baltic Yachts, 2013
Windfall Yacht For Charter
29m Southern Wind, 2013
Lupa of London Yacht For Charter
24m Baltic Yachts, 2000 / 2011
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...