Earlier today the winners of the hotly-anticipated 2015 ShowBoats Design Awards were announced at the Superyacht Design Symposium in Kitzbuhel, Austria. The 73m charter yacht 'Grace E' led the winners, collecting a Neptune award in four out of six of her nominated categories.
Now in its 6th edition, this year’s glitzy ceremony was opened by CEO Tony Harris. The winners were carefully selected by a panel of independent judges, comprising of owners, crew and acclaimed naval architects and yacht designers.
Superyacht Grace E was the sole charter vessel to be acknowledged at the awards, winning the ‘Naval Architecture Award – Displacement Motor Yacht’ and Exterior Design & Styling - Motor Yacht Above 500GT’ for Philip Briand’s design, as well as the Interior Design Award - Motor Yacht above 500GT – recognising the work of Remi Tessier.
Grace E also collected the ‘Environmental Protection Award,’ acknowledging the work of Perini Navi's Pichiotti's shipyard in incorporating eco-friendly features into the build. Notably, she is designed to minimise noise and environmental impact, and features a diesel-electric propulsion system (with Azipod (POD) transmissions).
Other big winners included the 46m Feadship superyacht COMO, which picked up three awards, including the ‘Naval Architecture Award - Semi-Displacement Motor Yacht,’ ‘Exterior Design & Styling Award - Motor Yacht below 500GT’ and ‘Interior Design Award - Motor Yacht below 500GT.’
For more details about chartering M/Y Grace E, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Grace E collected the ‘Environmental Protection Award,’ acknowledging the work of Perini Navi's Pichiotti's shipyard in incorporating eco-friendly features...
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.