The winners of the International Superyacht Society (ISS)’s 2015 Design awards were revealed yesterday during the 25th edition of the ISS Awards Gala in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Six motor and sailing yachts were announced as victorious within their respective size categories, including the 73m/240ft Pichiotti charter yacht ‘Grace E.’
The ISS-hosted ceremony saw 6 winners from 7 categories take to the stage, with the already award-winning 52m/170ft Royal Huisman custom sail yacht ELFJE taking first prize in both the category for best sailing yacht over 40 metres and ‘Best Interior’ (judging both power and sail).
The multi award-winning Finnish-built sail yacht WinWin also added to her already impressive trophy cabinet with a win in the category for best sail yacht measuring 24-40 metres.
The power category for the same size category was won by the 39m/126ft motor yacht TARANSAY, continuing her success at September’s Monaco Yacht Show Awards, where she picked up ‘The Monaco Award.’ Feadship’s 46m/152ft superyacht KISS took first prize in the power category judging vessels sized 40-65 metres, followed by the impressive motor yacht Grace E in the 65m+ group.
In addition to Grace E, the other charter yacht to win at this year’s ISS awards was the 80m/262ft classic yacht TALITHA... awarded the accolade for ‘Best Refit’
In addition to Grace E, the only other charter yacht to win at this year’s ISS awards was the 80m/262ft classic yacht TALITHA (pictured above), which was awarded the accolade for ‘Best Refit’ from a selection of power and sail vessels. Originally delivered by German shipbuilding company Friedrich Krupp Germaniawerft in 1930 with styling by Bannenberg & Rowell, her extensive refit saw her brought to optimum condition for charter guests.
On the night, the hard-working crews of 73m/240ft charter yacht DRAGONFLY and 51m/168ft expedition yacht UMBRA were acknowledged with the ‘Distinguished Crew Award’ for their extensive work in Vanuatu to help local communities rebuild their lives following destruction caused by Cyclone Pam in March of this year.
For more information on the availability of any of the award-winning charter yachts at the ISS Design Awards, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
ISS will be one of a number of exhibitors at the 2015 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, opening today from 10am local time onwards.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.