The 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Aspen Alternative’ from Trinity Yachts can now be seen on the big screen after starring in the remake of the 1987 movie Overboard as superyacht ‘Birthday Present’.
Released in US cinemas today (4 May), the new Overboard is based on the original film starring Goldie Hawn as Joanna, a snobby heiress who hires a carpenter named Dean, played by Kurt Russell, to remodel a closet on board her superyacht.
Unhappy with his work, Joanna ends up getting into a row with Dean and throwing him overboard. Later that night, however, she falls overboard herself and ends up in hospital with amnesia. Taking revenge, Dean convinces Joanna she is his wife and the mother of his four badly behaved children.
The 2018 Overboard sees a gender reversal. Anna Faris plays Kate, a single, working-class mum who convinces a spoiled playboy (Eugenio Derbez) they are married when he winds up with amnesia after falling off his motor yacht.
Taking on the superyacht role from the 44m/144ft HUNTRESS, which starred in the original, luxury yacht Aspen Alternative was chartered in British Columbia last summer for 19 days of filming.
The producers sought out as large, modern and luxurious a yacht as possible, preferably with a Jacuzzi, and fulfilling these requirements was the 2010 Trinity Yachts build.
Aspen Alternative is a very versatile charter option thanks to her combination of elegant interior styling, chic deck areas and modern leisure facilities
Available for luxury yacht charters in New England and Florida, as well as the Caribbean, she is a very versatile charter option thanks to her combination of elegant interior styling, chic deck areas and modern leisure facilities.
Sure to be the hub of any yachting vacation is the expansive sundeck, equipped with an inviting spa pool, built-in sun pads, a wet bar, a barbecue and a dining area. There is a further alfresco dining setup on the main deck aft, and opportunities for relaxing and socialising continue inside.
After a day at sea, guests can retreat to one of five sophisticated staterooms, including a master suite, three double cabins and a twin cabin. In total, she sleeps 10.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.