The 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Aspen Alternative’ from Trinity Yachts can now be seen on the big screen after starring in the remake of the 1987 movie Overboard as superyacht ‘Birthday Present’.
Released in US cinemas today (4 May), the new Overboard is based on the original film starring Goldie Hawn as Joanna, a snobby heiress who hires a carpenter named Dean, played by Kurt Russell, to remodel a closet on board her superyacht.
Unhappy with his work, Joanna ends up getting into a row with Dean and throwing him overboard. Later that night, however, she falls overboard herself and ends up in hospital with amnesia. Taking revenge, Dean convinces Joanna she is his wife and the mother of his four badly behaved children.
The 2018 Overboard sees a gender reversal. Anna Faris plays Kate, a single, working-class mum who convinces a spoiled playboy (Eugenio Derbez) they are married when he winds up with amnesia after falling off his motor yacht.
Taking on the superyacht role from the 44m/144ft HUNTRESS, which starred in the original, luxury yacht Aspen Alternative was chartered in British Columbia last summer for 19 days of filming.
The producers sought out as large, modern and luxurious a yacht as possible, preferably with a Jacuzzi, and fulfilling these requirements was the 2010 Trinity Yachts build.
Aspen Alternative is a very versatile charter option thanks to her combination of elegant interior styling, chic deck areas and modern leisure facilities
Available for luxury yacht charters in New England and Florida, as well as the Caribbean, she is a very versatile charter option thanks to her combination of elegant interior styling, chic deck areas and modern leisure facilities.
Sure to be the hub of any yachting vacation is the expansive sundeck, equipped with an inviting spa pool, built-in sun pads, a wet bar, a barbecue and a dining area. There is a further alfresco dining setup on the main deck aft, and opportunities for relaxing and socialising continue inside.
After a day at sea, guests can retreat to one of five sophisticated staterooms, including a master suite, three double cabins and a twin cabin. In total, she sleeps 10.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed