The 50m/164ft motor yacht ‘Aspen Alternative’ from Trinity Yachts can now be seen on the big screen after starring in the remake of the 1987 movie Overboard as superyacht ‘Birthday Present’.
Released in US cinemas today (4 May), the new Overboard is based on the original film starring Goldie Hawn as Joanna, a snobby heiress who hires a carpenter named Dean, played by Kurt Russell, to remodel a closet on board her superyacht.
Unhappy with his work, Joanna ends up getting into a row with Dean and throwing him overboard. Later that night, however, she falls overboard herself and ends up in hospital with amnesia. Taking revenge, Dean convinces Joanna she is his wife and the mother of his four badly behaved children.
The 2018 Overboard sees a gender reversal. Anna Faris plays Kate, a single, working-class mum who convinces a spoiled playboy (Eugenio Derbez) they are married when he winds up with amnesia after falling off his motor yacht.
Taking on the superyacht role from the 44m/144ft HUNTRESS, which starred in the original, luxury yacht Aspen Alternative was chartered in British Columbia last summer for 19 days of filming.
The producers sought out as large, modern and luxurious a yacht as possible, preferably with a Jacuzzi, and fulfilling these requirements was the 2010 Trinity Yachts build.
Aspen Alternative is a very versatile charter option thanks to her combination of elegant interior styling, chic deck areas and modern leisure facilities
Available for luxury yacht charters in New England and Florida, as well as the Caribbean, she is a very versatile charter option thanks to her combination of elegant interior styling, chic deck areas and modern leisure facilities.
Sure to be the hub of any yachting vacation is the expansive sundeck, equipped with an inviting spa pool, built-in sun pads, a wet bar, a barbecue and a dining area. There is a further alfresco dining setup on the main deck aft, and opportunities for relaxing and socialising continue inside.
After a day at sea, guests can retreat to one of five sophisticated staterooms, including a master suite, three double cabins and a twin cabin. In total, she sleeps 10.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...