The 2009-built luxury charter yacht ICON has completed an extensive remodelling project at her original shipyard Icon Yachts, resulting in her now measuring at an impressive 68m/223ft.
At the time of her launch, the 62.5m/203ft ICON was Icon Yachts inaugural superyacht. She came under new Ownership earlier this year and was immediately returned to the Netherlands-based yacht builder to undergo a five metre transom extension and a number of other interior and exterior alterations, all of which were completed in just six months.
Directed by her new Owners who had a clear vision of what they required in order to improve the experience on board, Icon Yachts have ensured that the luxury motor yacht now encompasses far more space for relaxation, entertainment and amenities. The significant extension to ICON’s main aft deck now accommodates a stunning 5m infinity swimming pool which features glass elements to the front and stern above the transom, and large lounging areas either side.
Glass panels along the bottom of ICON’s new pool allow for natural light to fill her enhanced private beach club, which now boasts a large Hammam, a six person sauna, a gym, showers and a dive store and can easily be converted into a party area overlooking the ocean. Further exterior alterations to include the bridge console, which is now angled around the central helm position and featuring rail mounted pilot chairs instead of the previous fixed seating arrangement.
Icon Yachts have ensured that the luxury motor yacht now encompasses far more space for relaxation, entertainment and amenities
Her interior has also been refreshed according to her new Owner’s tastes in addition to extensive technical upgrades to include new Scania generator sets that are now accommodated in a larger space and fitted with their own sound shields. ICON has also benefitted from a full exterior repaint which completes what should be a highly successful project for the shipyard and confirms her place among the global charter fleet’s most luxurious vessels.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.