The well-travelled Benoit Mercier masterminds culinary efforts on board Far Niente. Originating from Quebec, Canada, he boasts an impressive resume, including stints on board charter yachts 'My Seanna' and M/Y 'Mustang Sally' (back when she travelled under the name 'Destination Fox Harb'r Too' within his 15 years working in the yachting industry.
He is renowned amongst charter clientele of Far Niente for creating his own superfoods, including protein bars, healthy preserves and chocolate and qualified by the Integrative Nutrition School of New York as a coach of achieving maximum health and happiness through nutrition.
Far Niente was delivered last year by Westport and offers amenities including a Jacuzzi and barbecue for guests, as many as 10 people can stay in one of five sophisticated and modern staterooms - comprising of a master suite, two VIP staterooms and two twin cabins.
Open to all attendees, the 2015 Newport Charter Show's theme of 'Healthy Luxury' and catering to special requirements (such as (paleo, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free), was nothing unfamiliar to Chef Ben Mercier who prides himself on keeping up to date with dietary trends. The chef wowed a panel of professional judges with a vegan raw vegetable sushi dish prepared from a mystery basket of local and seasonal ingredients.
Chief Stewardess on board Far Niente, Nikky Mercier - none other than Chef Ben's wife - also stole the show with in the Healthy Beverage Challenge (judging for yachts 100 feet and above), with her winning medley of dairy-free fruit smoothies and pressed juices. She also took first prize in the Tablescaping Challenge with a vintage boudoir-themed dining table.
Speaking on team spirit on the yacht, Nikky commented, “All of us on board Far Niente are professional and passionate about what we do and take pride in our position. The captain bonds us all together, and we really like working with one another. There are great personalities on board, and when you put happy people together, you have a recipe for success.
Available for New England and Caribbean cruising, charterers of the superyacht evidently can enjoy a world-class, bespoke dining experience during their stay. For more details on M/Y Far Niente's availability this summer, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Or compare all vessels available for a New England luxury yacht charter.
The chef wowed judges with a vegan raw vegetable sushi dish prepared from a mystery basket of local and seasonal ingredients.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.