Charter Yacht 'Far Niente' Offers Award-Winning Dining Experience
The well-travelled Benoit Mercier masterminds culinary efforts on board Far Niente. Originating from Quebec, Canada, he boasts an impressive resume, including stints on board charter yachts 'My Seanna' and M/Y 'Mustang Sally' (back when she travelled under the name 'Destination Fox Harb'r Too' within his 15 years working in the yachting industry.
He is renowned amongst charter clientele of Far Niente for creating his own superfoods, including protein bars, healthy preserves and chocolate and qualified by the Integrative Nutrition School of New York as a coach of achieving maximum health and happiness through nutrition.
Far Niente was delivered last year by Westport and offers amenities including a Jacuzzi and barbecue for guests, as many as 10 people can stay in one of five sophisticated and modern staterooms - comprising of a master suite, two VIP staterooms and two twin cabins.
Open to all attendees, the 2015 Newport Charter Show's theme of 'Healthy Luxury' and catering to special requirements (such as (paleo, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free), was nothing unfamiliar to Chef Ben Mercier who prides himself on keeping up to date with dietary trends. The chef wowed a panel of professional judges with a vegan raw vegetable sushi dish prepared from a mystery basket of local and seasonal ingredients.
Chief Stewardess on board Far Niente, Nikky Mercier - none other than Chef Ben's wife - also stole the show with in the Healthy Beverage Challenge (judging for yachts 100 feet and above), with her winning medley of dairy-free fruit smoothies and pressed juices. She also took first prize in the Tablescaping Challenge with a vintage boudoir-themed dining table.
Speaking on team spirit on the yacht, Nikky commented, “All of us on board Far Niente are professional and passionate about what we do and take pride in our position. The captain bonds us all together, and we really like working with one another. There are great personalities on board, and when you put happy people together, you have a recipe for success.
Available for New England and Caribbean cruising, charterers of the superyacht evidently can enjoy a world-class, bespoke dining experience during their stay. For more details on M/Y Far Niente's availability this summer, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Or compare all vessels available for a New England luxury yacht charter.
The chef wowed judges with a vegan raw vegetable sushi dish prepared from a mystery basket of local and seasonal ingredients.
More Yacht Information
Far Niente Yacht For Charter
40m Westport, 2014
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...