The new 73m/238ft superyacht CLOUDBREAK from Abeking & Rasmussen has been listed as a finalist in three categories for the upcoming ShowBoat Design Awards 2017.
Since her delivery from German shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen in June, CLOUDBREAK has been garnering much attention in the superyacht industry.
As well as undertaking a global expedition to far-flung destinations such as Iceland, the Galapagos Islands and Costa Rica, she is also one of the year’s most exciting additions to the global charter fleet, opening her doors to guests in September.
Now her stunning interior and exterior design sees her nominated as a finalist in three categories for the prestigious ShowBoats Design Awards, taking place in a glitzy ceremony in Kitzbühel, Austria, on 5th February 2017.
Thanks to the impressive work of renowned designer Espen Oino, expedition yacht CLOUDBREAK has been nominated in the category for ‘Best Exterior Design & Styling – Motor Yacht Above 48m’.
The winner of this award will go to the motor yacht considered to be the most visually inspiring and practical, and CLOUDBREAK definitely impresses with her helideck come party zone, 10-person outdoor pool and an outside bed for sleeping under the stars.
Her warm and comforting chalet-style interior from Christian Liaigre has also caught the industry’s eye, with a nomination in the category for ‘Best Interior Layout & Design – Motor Yacht Above 500GT’.
Her warm and comforting chalet-style interior from Christian Liaigre has also caught the industry’s eye
Among the highlights of her interior are a ski room with a cinematic screen, a working fireplace, and an extensive fitness and spa area with a plunge pool, sauna and massage room. Much secrecy, however, surrounds her interior spaces, with only a select few renderings released.
The new category of ‘Best Recreational Lifestyle Design Feature’ also sees CLOUDBREAK recognised for her winter garden as the award seeks to recognise outstanding design approaches to luxury recreational areas and/or indoor/outdoor living spaces.
Located on the upper deck aft, her winter garden is furnished with low seating and tables, and can be fully enclosed with glass and heated, or opened completely to become an exterior space.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...