The new 73m/238ft superyacht CLOUDBREAK from Abeking & Rasmussen has been listed as a finalist in three categories for the upcoming ShowBoat Design Awards 2017.
Since her delivery from German shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen in June, CLOUDBREAK has been garnering much attention in the superyacht industry.
As well as undertaking a global expedition to far-flung destinations such as Iceland, the Galapagos Islands and Costa Rica, she is also one of the year’s most exciting additions to the global charter fleet, opening her doors to guests in September.
Now her stunning interior and exterior design sees her nominated as a finalist in three categories for the prestigious ShowBoats Design Awards, taking place in a glitzy ceremony in Kitzbühel, Austria, on 5th February 2017.
Thanks to the impressive work of renowned designer Espen Oino, expedition yacht CLOUDBREAK has been nominated in the category for ‘Best Exterior Design & Styling – Motor Yacht Above 48m’.
The winner of this award will go to the motor yacht considered to be the most visually inspiring and practical, and CLOUDBREAK definitely impresses with her helideck come party zone, 10-person outdoor pool and an outside bed for sleeping under the stars.
Her warm and comforting chalet-style interior from Christian Liaigre has also caught the industry’s eye, with a nomination in the category for ‘Best Interior Layout & Design – Motor Yacht Above 500GT’.
Her warm and comforting chalet-style interior from Christian Liaigre has also caught the industry’s eye
Among the highlights of her interior are a ski room with a cinematic screen, a working fireplace, and an extensive fitness and spa area with a plunge pool, sauna and massage room. Much secrecy, however, surrounds her interior spaces, with only a select few renderings released.
The new category of ‘Best Recreational Lifestyle Design Feature’ also sees CLOUDBREAK recognised for her winter garden as the award seeks to recognise outstanding design approaches to luxury recreational areas and/or indoor/outdoor living spaces.
Located on the upper deck aft, her winter garden is furnished with low seating and tables, and can be fully enclosed with glass and heated, or opened completely to become an exterior space.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...