The new 73m/238ft superyacht CLOUDBREAK from Abeking & Rasmussen has been listed as a finalist in three categories for the upcoming ShowBoat Design Awards 2017.
Since her delivery from German shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen in June, CLOUDBREAK has been garnering much attention in the superyacht industry.
As well as undertaking a global expedition to far-flung destinations such as Iceland, the Galapagos Islands and Costa Rica, she is also one of the year’s most exciting additions to the global charter fleet, opening her doors to guests in September.
Now her stunning interior and exterior design sees her nominated as a finalist in three categories for the prestigious ShowBoats Design Awards, taking place in a glitzy ceremony in Kitzbühel, Austria, on 5th February 2017.
Thanks to the impressive work of renowned designer Espen Oino, expedition yacht CLOUDBREAK has been nominated in the category for ‘Best Exterior Design & Styling – Motor Yacht Above 48m’.
The winner of this award will go to the motor yacht considered to be the most visually inspiring and practical, and CLOUDBREAK definitely impresses with her helideck come party zone, 10-person outdoor pool and an outside bed for sleeping under the stars.
Her warm and comforting chalet-style interior from Christian Liaigre has also caught the industry’s eye, with a nomination in the category for ‘Best Interior Layout & Design – Motor Yacht Above 500GT’.
Her warm and comforting chalet-style interior from Christian Liaigre has also caught the industry’s eye
Among the highlights of her interior are a ski room with a cinematic screen, a working fireplace, and an extensive fitness and spa area with a plunge pool, sauna and massage room. Much secrecy, however, surrounds her interior spaces, with only a select few renderings released.
The new category of ‘Best Recreational Lifestyle Design Feature’ also sees CLOUDBREAK recognised for her winter garden as the award seeks to recognise outstanding design approaches to luxury recreational areas and/or indoor/outdoor living spaces.
Located on the upper deck aft, her winter garden is furnished with low seating and tables, and can be fully enclosed with glass and heated, or opened completely to become an exterior space.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...