The new 73m/238ft superyacht CLOUDBREAK from Abeking & Rasmussen has been listed as a finalist in three categories for the upcoming ShowBoat Design Awards 2017.
Since her delivery from German shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen in June, CLOUDBREAK has been garnering much attention in the superyacht industry.
As well as undertaking a global expedition to far-flung destinations such as Iceland, the Galapagos Islands and Costa Rica, she is also one of the year’s most exciting additions to the global charter fleet, opening her doors to guests in September.
Now her stunning interior and exterior design sees her nominated as a finalist in three categories for the prestigious ShowBoats Design Awards, taking place in a glitzy ceremony in Kitzbühel, Austria, on 5th February 2017.
Thanks to the impressive work of renowned designer Espen Oino, expedition yacht CLOUDBREAK has been nominated in the category for ‘Best Exterior Design & Styling – Motor Yacht Above 48m’.
The winner of this award will go to the motor yacht considered to be the most visually inspiring and practical, and CLOUDBREAK definitely impresses with her helideck come party zone, 10-person outdoor pool and an outside bed for sleeping under the stars.
Her warm and comforting chalet-style interior from Christian Liaigre has also caught the industry’s eye, with a nomination in the category for ‘Best Interior Layout & Design – Motor Yacht Above 500GT’.
Her warm and comforting chalet-style interior from Christian Liaigre has also caught the industry’s eye
Among the highlights of her interior are a ski room with a cinematic screen, a working fireplace, and an extensive fitness and spa area with a plunge pool, sauna and massage room. Much secrecy, however, surrounds her interior spaces, with only a select few renderings released.
The new category of ‘Best Recreational Lifestyle Design Feature’ also sees CLOUDBREAK recognised for her winter garden as the award seeks to recognise outstanding design approaches to luxury recreational areas and/or indoor/outdoor living spaces.
Located on the upper deck aft, her winter garden is furnished with low seating and tables, and can be fully enclosed with glass and heated, or opened completely to become an exterior space.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.