Superyachts are now allowed exclusive access to a 180-metre dry dock in the Caribbean, following an agreement between International Marine Management (IMM), a yacht refit and project management specialist, and the manager of the facility, ENA.
Located in Fort de France, Martinique, the dry dock will be extremely reassuring for captains sailing in the Leewards and Windwards as they will now know that facilities are available to them should it be required.
The announcement is a huge development in the refit and maintenance infrastructure that is available to the region’s yachting industry, and comes at a perfect time as the Caribbean season for superyacht charters kicks off this week.
Since changing hands at the start of 2015, ENA has undertaken significant improvements to the dry dock and surrounding area, making the facility more equipped to cater for superyachts. The dock is 180 metres long and 23.5 metres wide, with a 7.6-metre draft (above the blocks).
Centrally located in Fort de France, in an ISPS-compliant area, the dry dock is the only kind of its size in the region and is perfect for yachting clients. Metal workshops are located onsite, with ABS, Lloyd’s and BV-certified welders available. Meanwhile, the renowned French specialist Sud Moteur is able to assist with any scale of project.
Yachting projects undertaken in the Martinique dry dock will be managed by two of IMM’s principles, Fabrice Maitre and Jean-Michel Beron, who have been responsible for a wide range of complex refits throughout the French Mediterranean and Atlantic coasts.
According to the brand, IMM has managed several refits in the Martinique facility since 2010, each delivered on time, on budget and to a European yachting-quality standard.
If you would like to find out more information on organising a luxury charter vacation to the Caribbean, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all superyachts available to charter in the Caribbean.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.