One of the world’s most successful benefits events and the most coveted ticket in town during the Cannes festival, the star-studded amfAR Gala celebrated its 25th-anniversary edition yesterday, and some of the biggest names on the planet flew in from around the globe to join in the festivities.
To date, the spectacular gala has raised more than $210 million for amfAR’s life-saving AIDS research programs and has helped keep the fight against the syndrome in the global spotlight.
The iconic green carpet doubled as a catwalk with models of the moment Winnie Harlow, Alessandra Ambrosio and Sara Sampaio wowing the crowds of photographers, while supermodel Heidi Klum looked stunning in an embellished white dress next to new partner Tom Kaulitz.
Other famous faces in attendance included Lewis Hamilton, ahead of his Monaco Grand Prix appearance next week, Paris Hilton and her fiancé Chris Zylka, actress Kristen Stewart and singer Nicole Scherzinger.
Musician Ellie Goulding was also at the bash, walking the red carpet in a feathered frock and performing on a line-up that also included Grace Jones, Sting and Shaggy.
Some of the biggest names on the planet flew in from around the globe to join in the festivities for the gala's 25th-anniversary edition
This year’s auction prizes, which included works of arts, luxury vacations, super cars and yachts, saw a fashion collection of 30 designer outfits raise $1.9 million and a collection of Liz Taylor furs fetch $519,601.
One of the most memorable moments, however, was when an original Pierce Brosnan painting went for $1.42 million. The James Bond actor was there in person, alongside his wife Keely Shaye Smith, and his shocked reaction can be seen on a film clip in the Instagram feed above.
The Cannes Film Festival 2018 will draw to a close tomorrow after 11 days of red carpet action, film premieres and glamorous parties. As usual, it signals the start of the Mediterranean yacht charter season as high-profile superyachts gather for the event before starting a summer of yachting vacations in the region.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...