With marinas planning to reopen in December, and the world famous New Year’s Eve party at Foxy’s confirmed to go ahead, the British Virgin Islands will welcome superyachts this winter.
Two months on from Hurricane Irma, the British Virgin Islands has made significant progress in its recovery operations, with the archipelago set to welcome visitors again December.
Indeed, a number of operators have confirmed that motor yachts and sailing yachts are beginning to return to the region, and the West End BoatYard revealed that staff are heading back to work at the marina.
Helping to assess the current situation in the Caribbean, we shared some insider knowledge last month which answered the question of whether ‘should I still charter in the Caribbean following all of the damage?’.
Since tourist entry to the British Virgin Islands reopened on November 1st, charter companies expect to attract business from December through to January.
Enjoying the support of the government, the Premier of the British Virgin Islands, Dr. Orlanda Smith, recently hosted a meeting to assist charter agents in bringing greater levels of tourism to the islands.
Thanks to the phenomenal efforts of all involved, the British Virgin Islands looks set to enjoy the return of superyachts this winter
Whilst the capacity for superyachts will be limited at first, Soper’s Hole Marina is currently hard at work to restore functionality in 2018.
To find out more regarding the current condition of the surrounding regions, be sure to read our update on Caribbean Charter Grounds.
In order to find out more regarding the current condition of certain cruising grounds in the BVIs, feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Also, be sure to take a look at all of the superyachts available for charter in the Virgin Islands.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...