With marinas planning to reopen in December, and the world famous New Year’s Eve party at Foxy’s confirmed to go ahead, the British Virgin Islands will welcome superyachts this winter.
Two months on from Hurricane Irma, the British Virgin Islands has made significant progress in its recovery operations, with the archipelago set to welcome visitors again December.
Indeed, a number of operators have confirmed that motor yachts and sailing yachts are beginning to return to the region, and the West End BoatYard revealed that staff are heading back to work at the marina.
Helping to assess the current situation in the Caribbean, we shared some insider knowledge last month which answered the question of whether ‘should I still charter in the Caribbean following all of the damage?’.
Since tourist entry to the British Virgin Islands reopened on November 1st, charter companies expect to attract business from December through to January.
Enjoying the support of the government, the Premier of the British Virgin Islands, Dr. Orlanda Smith, recently hosted a meeting to assist charter agents in bringing greater levels of tourism to the islands.
Thanks to the phenomenal efforts of all involved, the British Virgin Islands looks set to enjoy the return of superyachts this winter
Whilst the capacity for superyachts will be limited at first, Soper’s Hole Marina is currently hard at work to restore functionality in 2018.
To find out more regarding the current condition of the surrounding regions, be sure to read our update on Caribbean Charter Grounds.
In order to find out more regarding the current condition of certain cruising grounds in the BVIs, feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Also, be sure to take a look at all of the superyachts available for charter in the Virgin Islands.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...