British Foreign Secretary Pays Historic Visit to Cuba
Undertaking talks with the Cuban government, Mr Hammond hopes to connect with the country as it makes its way onto the world stage following years of isolation. Indeed, British companies are eager to secure contracts with the tourist, mining and agricultural sectors.
President Barack Obama also made a historic trip to Cuba last month, after decades of hostility between the United States and the island nation.
These revived relations are sure to increase demand among tourists hoping to visit Castro’s Cuba before it becomes affected by development and commercialisation. This includes superyacht charterers keen to explore the undiscovered cruising grounds of the island.
Since the trade embargo was lifted by America in December 2014, there has been an influx of British tourists to the country where classic 1950s American cars crisscross city streets, horse and carts clatter through the countryside, and where billboards and fast food chains are yet to take hold.
A luxury yacht charter in Cuba can encompass coastlines of secluded beaches, azure waters rich in marine life, charming countryside towns and vibrant cities bursting with a unique mix of colonial Spanish architecture, Latin vibes and Caribbean rhythms.
There is also the stunning 200-mile long Jardines del Rey archipelago, offering idyllic beaches, breath-taking natural beauty and spectacular wildlife.
SUPERYACHTS AVAILABLE TO CHARTER IN CUBA
Christina O Yacht For Charter
99m Canadian Vickers, 1943 / 2001
Lauren L Yacht For Charter
90m Cassens-Werft, 2002 / 2008
Sherakhan Yacht For Charter
70m Vuyk, 2005 / 2014
Rosehearty Yacht For Charter
56m Perini Navi, 2006
OCTOPUSSY Yacht For Charter
44m Heesen, 1988 / 2015
Diamond Girl Yacht For Charter
31m Johnson Yachts, 2008
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...