With her protective blue film removed, and her official nameplate proudly on display, superyacht ‘Al Lusail’ caused a sensation as she headed out for her highly anticipated sea trials this weekend.
Evidently successful, the trials saw the motor yacht hit a maximum speed of 18.4 knots, a fact demonstrated through the data collected by a popular website which monitors the AIS systems of superyachts.
Entering the Top 100, Al Lusail comes in as the 22nd largest superyacht in the world, a position which is sure to add to her already prestigious profile.
Formerly known as project JUPITER, it was also significant that superyacht Al Lusail has confirmed her name through the installation of a plate on the aft section. Referring to an upcoming city currently being built in Qatar, the name is particularly telling of her Arab affiliation.
Whilst she was shrouded in secrecy throughout the course of her build, superyacht Al Lusail is known to have had her exterior styled by H2 Yacht Design, an English studio which also took care of her naval architecture.
Gifting her with a truly distinct profile, the team have created a number of curving lines which intersect and make way for large glass windows that are sure to boost the natural light found in the interior.
Features which stand-out on the exterior include a helipad on the bow as well as a side boarding tender garage for an even greater convenience.
Al Lusail comes in as the 22nd largest superyacht in the world, a position which is sure to add to her already prestigious profile
Whilst there are currently no published photographs of the interior, it has been confirmed that the international design team March & White are responsible for styling the communal and guest spaces.
With her delivery expected to very soon, YachtCharterFleet will be sure to keep readers fully informed of her progress.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...