With her protective blue film removed, and her official nameplate proudly on display, superyacht ‘Al Lusail’ caused a sensation as she headed out for her highly anticipated sea trials this weekend.
Evidently successful, the trials saw the motor yacht hit a maximum speed of 18.4 knots, a fact demonstrated through the data collected by a popular website which monitors the AIS systems of superyachts.
Entering the Top 100, Al Lusail comes in as the 22nd largest superyacht in the world, a position which is sure to add to her already prestigious profile.
Formerly known as project JUPITER, it was also significant that superyacht Al Lusail has confirmed her name through the installation of a plate on the aft section. Referring to an upcoming city currently being built in Qatar, the name is particularly telling of her Arab affiliation.
Whilst she was shrouded in secrecy throughout the course of her build, superyacht Al Lusail is known to have had her exterior styled by H2 Yacht Design, an English studio which also took care of her naval architecture.
Gifting her with a truly distinct profile, the team have created a number of curving lines which intersect and make way for large glass windows that are sure to boost the natural light found in the interior.
Features which stand-out on the exterior include a helipad on the bow as well as a side boarding tender garage for an even greater convenience.
Al Lusail comes in as the 22nd largest superyacht in the world, a position which is sure to add to her already prestigious profile
Whilst there are currently no published photographs of the interior, it has been confirmed that the international design team March & White are responsible for styling the communal and guest spaces.
With her delivery expected to very soon, YachtCharterFleet will be sure to keep readers fully informed of her progress.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.