The new show will see organisers of the Thailand Yacht Show, the Asia Superyacht Rendezvous and the Phuket Boat Show join forces following a request from the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to gather the industry together in one major event in Phuket.
It was revealed earlier this year that the Thailand Yacht Show and the Asia Rendezvous were uniting to form the Thailand Yacht Show & Rendezvous. But last week, an agreement to merge the Phuket Yacht Show team into the already-announced event was made.
CEO of Vervential Pte Ltd, owners of the Thailand Yacht Show, Andy Treadwell said: “It’s obvious that we needed to make this all one event, and it’s great that we’ve been able to do so in a relatively short space of time – entirely thanks to the industry coming together and getting everyone to agree.
We’re all now looking forward to getting on with the job and building this event over the next few years into a proper international marketing platform for the yachting industry
“The TAT, our partners and main sponsor of the Thailand Yacht Show, also asked us earlier in the year to try to put everything into one show instead of competing and dividing the industry. We’re all now looking forward to getting on with the job and building this event over the next few years into a proper international marketing platform for the yachting industry, and for Thailand as a world-class yacht tourism destination.”
Gael Burlot, co-owner of the Asia Rendezvous, added: “We are very pleased to have everyone on board and a clear plan to develop the boat show. The luxury industries are starting to prosper again in this region, and with the right collaborative promotion in the right strategic places like Thailand, the yachting industry should start to see significant growth in this beautiful part of the world...”
Taking place in the Royal Phuket Marina, the show will aim to combine the best aspects of yacht charter, the boating industry and luxury lifestyle events. It will showcase the luxury yachts, cruising grounds and superyacht facilities charterers can expect when on a yachting vacation in the region.
For more information on any charter yachts at the show, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts for charter in Thailand.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.