Earlier this year, the popular Showtime series ‘Billions’ wowed audiences with Damian Lewis boarding an impressive luxury yacht aptly named ‘The Good Life’. Having carried out some careful research, we can now reveal the true identity of the yacht, and how you can enjoy her on your own luxury yacht charter vacation.
Starring Golden Globe winner Damian Lewis, ‘Billions’ follows the life of a high flying hedge fund manager keen to live a lifestyle which best befits his generous salary and lucrative deals.
Named after the yacht itself, ‘The Good Life’ is the fifth episode and centres around Axe (Damian Lewis) setting out to fully enjoying the fruits of his labour.
Naturally, after spending some quality time in his pool and about his suitably large house, he decides to have a custom-built superyacht made for himself and his wife.
Arriving by tender -a customary approach when it comes to boarding larger motor yachts- Axe marvels at his bespoke creation from a distance before going on to enjoy its many impressive features.
Whilst in this sense ‘Billions’ does a great job of showing just how exciting superyachts can be, it should be pointed out that the luxury yacht isn’t really called ‘The Good Life’, and she isn’t really the preserve of a single billionaire, but is in fact available for vacations in the Bahamas and Miami this summer.
As well as entertaining American audiences on Showtime, Billions also accrued a strong British following when it premiered on Sky Atlantic earlier this year.
With a second series now confirmed, the web has been ablaze with fans discussing the luxurious lifestyle which is at the center of the show.
No doubt one of the greatest attractions and conversation points, however, was Axe’s yacht, and how it’s possible to rent one for a vacation.
So, without further ado, we can now reveal the name of the superyacht in ‘Billions’ as well as how much it costs to rent.
Of course, what all this confirms, is that by taking a luxury yacht charter vacation, you don’t have to be a billionaire to live like one.
Delivered in 2002 and refit in 2011, the true identity of the yacht featured in ‘Billions’ is the 46m/150ft motor yacht ‘Carpe Diem II’.
The product of an award-winning American shipyard, Carpe Diem II was built by Trinity Yachts and bears a distinctly sleek profile- just the look for a high flying lawyer keen to indulge the good life.
As well as a range of elegantly designed social spaces, the yacht also includes comfortable accommodation for up to 10 guests across 5 well-appointed staterooms.
To rent Carpe Diem II, weekly rates begin at $165,000 + expenses in both the summer and the winter.
For a full tour around Carpe Diem II, take a look at our feature which goes inside Axe's superyacht.
In order to find out more regarding M/Y Carpe Diem II, and her current availability, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available for charter in the Bahamas.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...