Delivered from Proteksan Turquoise in 2011, and previously refit in 2014, the 55m/182ft superyacht TURQUOISE has recently returned from four months in the Port Denia refit facility in Spain. Changing her hull colour and undergoing a full service, we take a look at the finer details of her recent upgrades.
With her hull becoming matte through a fair amount of sun damage, the owner of TURQUOISE arranged for a fresh lick of paint to be applied.
However, as a highly in-demand superyacht, it was essential that she didn’t spend an unusually large amount of time in a shipyard. For this reason, it was decided that it would be better to employ vinyl wrap than traditional and time consuming methods.
The team at Port Denia were naturally the guys to go to- they have previously carried out similar work on the 46m/151ft motor yacht ‘SEA FALCON II’ with stunning results.
Going from arctic white to dark grey, TURQUOISE remains as striking as ever, with her profile cutting a distinctive presence in the water.
Originally conceived by the long established Dubois Naval Architects, the exterior of luxury charter yacht TURQUOISE was designed to be both graceful and seagoing- a mission statement which explains both her high bow and sleek lines.
With the refit having taken every care to ensure that this design maintains an immaculate edge, guests chartering the yacht are treated to a highly modern experience.
The captain himself has commented on the results of the work carried out on the exterior over the past few months, going so far as to suggest that pleasing everyone from the crew to the owner is an incredibly rare feat in the industry.
Ensuring that she remains as impressive as the day she was delivered, the refit to TURQUOISE has meant she is still one of the best yachts available for charter
Nicely balancing form and function on the outside, the owner of TURQUOISE brought in H2 Yacht Design back in 2011 to help optimise the voluminous interior of the vessel.
No strangers to large superyachts, the London based team had recently been shortlisted for a refit award for their work on the 48m/157ft motor yacht VA BENE.
Established in 1994, the designers have regularly been brought aboard when it comes to refits- something which they did almost exclusively in their formative years.
Their work on TURQUOISE is no exception, with a monochrome colour scheme in the main salon and neutral tones elsewhere creating a truly spacious environment for guests to relax in.
Now back in full-service and looking better than ever, TURQUOISE is available for summer charters in the Mediterranean, offering guests the opportunity to visit destinations such as Croatia, Corsica, and Sardinia in total style.
In order to make enquiries regarding a charter with M/Y TURQUOISE, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts in the Mediterranean.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...