Recognised as the leading superyacht event in the South Pacific, the fourth edition of the Australian Superyacht Rendez-vous will be bringing more superyachts and social events to the Coral Sea Marina Resort for three days in October 2020.
The yachting meet has been traditionally held along Australia’s Gold Coast, but this new move aims to highlight the cruising grounds of the Whitsundays and promote the charter capacities and economic potential in this pocket of Australia.
“Globally, more superyachts are looking to migrate to the southern hemisphere to capitalize on fresh charter destinations like the Great Barrier Reef,” said Paul Darrouzet, owner of the Coral Sea Marina Resort host venue.
“The Australian Superyacht Rendezvous represents an exceptional opportunity to tell the international superyacht world we are ready to welcome them.”
The event will welcome a selection of Australia’s leading superyachts from the brokerage market, with the majority available for private yacht charters.
The three-day programme will present ample opportunities for attendees to acquaint themselves with the fleet through yacht tours and meet and greets with the captains and crews.
The Australian Superyacht Rendezvous represents an exceptional opportunity to tell the international superyacht world we are ready to welcome them.
The event will also offer familiarity cruises on board participating superyachts, with itineraries that explore a range of land and sea-based Whitsunday-exclusive experiences including a lunch on Whitehaven Beach, reef adventures, wildlife tours and more.
The invitation-only Rendez-Vous is a key networking event, allowing attendees to share insight and look ahead to the future of Australia’s charter market. Guests will include industry players, superyacht owners and prospective charter clients and buyers. Politicians, members of the media and a number of attendees from the tourism and hospitality sector are also expected to show their support at the event.
The Australian Superyacht Rendez-Vous has been hosted in Queensland since 2017, and the event has been integral in promoting Australia’s success as a superyacht hub for the Asia Pacific region.
It’s hoped that the new venue of Coral Sea Marina Resort venue will prove popular as well. The marina has 520 berths with the capacity to host yachts measuring up to 80m, and plays host to a chic hotel and restaurant on the premises.
The marina is also perfectly placed for visiting superyachts looking to soak up the unparalleled beauty and marine life of the Whitsundays.
From sandy swirls of beach and bright blue lagoons to kaleidoscopic marine life and thriving coral gardens, the Whitsundays is a playground for adventure and exploring.
“Australia’s prominence on the global superyacht stage continues to gain momentum and the 2020 Great Barrier Reef edition of Australian Superyacht Rendezvous is our opportunity to showcase to the world our unrivalled and pristine cruising charter grounds for superyachts.” Stated Mr. Darrouzet.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.