The Singapore Yacht Show will be held during Singapore Maritime Week this year and continues to attract world-leading yacht brands, securing its position as the top consumer-facing industry event in the region
Returning once more to the ONE°15 Marina Club in Sentosa Cove, this year presents the fourth edition of The Singapore Yacht Show (SYS). Held in April, it promises to exhibit its strongest-ever on-water display of small boats and luxury yachts in addition to fine art, modern supercars, classic cars and luxury property.
This year, the show will be headlined by sailing yacht VERTIGO, one of the most celebrated and award-winning sailing superyachts on the water, the modern explorer motor yacht EXUMA, and the elegant motor yacht CLOUD 9. Already a fantastic line-up, the list of top international exhibitors continues to grow. Gaining the support of more and more of the industry's biggest players, this year sees Alloy Yachts, Lürssen, Edmiston & Company, Fraser Yachts, Perini Navi/Picchiotti, Philippe Briand, Porto Montenegro, Rossinavi Yachts, Sunreef Yachts, Y.CO, and Yacht Zoo among the brands exhibiting for the first time.
The managing director of the show's organisers, Singapore Yacht Events, Andy Treadwell, believes that the surge in interest this year is evidence of the international yachting industry’s acceptance of Asia as a significant emerging market, and an assertion of the show's ability to attract a high calibre of clientele. Popular opinion seems to reveal that the Singapore Yacht Show is now considered to be the most important industry event in Asia, in the same way that Fort Lauderdale is in America and Monaco and Cannes are in Europe.
Treadwell comments, "SYS has become the principal marketing platform in Asia for all the big boating and yachting brands, and plays an important part in growing the numbers of boating enthusiasts who will one day become superyacht charterers and buyers. We are very pleased to welcome so many excellent exhibitors, as well as our sponsors Maxim Trading, Luxaviation, Sevenstar Yacht Transport and MTU Asia, aboard for this year’s event."
Executive chairman of ONE°15 Marina Club Mr Arthur Tay, comments: “We are absolutely delighted to be hosting this iconic event once again, and play our part in positioning Singapore as a sustainable yachting and nautical hub, in drawing such important visitor numbers to Sentosa Cove. We are seeing a real growth in the yachting and boating industry here, as a result of the yacht show’s team’s efforts over the past four years.”
Phil Blake is the event director of the Show’s and leads Treadwell’s team of highly motivated individuals. “It’s very exciting to be involved in such a landmark event – one that is truly bringing together the international yachting industry to Singapore and the region. The team is working flat-out to cope with the interest in the show, but we are loving every minute and look forward to a stand-out show in April,” he says.
View our Singapore luxury yacht charter fleet.
The show has grown tremendously over the four years since we started, practically doubling in size at each edition, and a significant number of boats have been sold – especially last year - Andy Treadwell
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...