By Louise Marsh 18 December 2012
Yacht Protect Services Limited has received its Approval Certificate relating to fire retardant treatment in compliance with MCA Marine Guidance Note 453.
The Guidance Note releates to MCA Large Commercial Yacht Code certified vessels and the Approval Certificate was awarded following an audit program carried out by a UK Notified Body.
In addition, Yacht Protect Services has also had its flame retardant product successfully tested against current IMO FTP codes against many of the materials used on exisitng and new superyachts.
...The industry can now be assured of a regulated service which will lead to an improvement in safety at sea.
More Yacht Information
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.