Taking place across the three show locations of Nelson’s Dockyard Marina, Falmouth Harbour Marina and Antigua Yacht Club Marina, the Antigua Charter Show once again hosted an impressive selection of superyachts as well as an action-packed social programme.
Brokers and industry professionals from across the world flocked to the event, where they were able to tour the superyachts in attendance, meet the captains and crews, and participate in lunches, yacht hops and informative seminar sessions.
The main aim of the show is to ensure charter brokers are equipped with the knowledge needed to best match their clients with the ideal superyacht for the upcoming cruising season in the Caribbean.
One of the must-see yachts was the 90m/295ft motor yacht ‘Phoenix 2’. Launched in 2010, the Lurssen build has only recently joined the charter market and show-goers were keen to check out her dazzling art deco interior styling from Andrew Winch as well as her long list of amenities.
The Antigua Charter Show once again hosted an impressive selection of superyachts as well as an action-packed social programme
Another key feature of the Antigua Charter Show is the culinary contest. Now in its 18th year, the competition tasked superyacht chefs with creating a Caribbean Sunday brunch suitable for a charter party of both adults and children.
Winning the category for yachts measuring over 160ft was Chef Caitlin Kennedy of the 59m/195ft motor yacht ANDIAMO, while Chef Harriet Mansell of the 43m/140ft sailing yacht SARISSA came out on top in the yachts between 126ft to 159ft category.
Chef Talev Schieb of luxury catamaran ‘Vigilant I’ from Lagoon won in the yachts under 125ft category and there were also prizes awarded to stewards and stewardesses in the tablescaping competition. Further details on the two contests will be revealed in a forthcoming article.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.