Running this year until Sunday 5th November, FLIBS is the largest in-water boat show in the world, attracting a global audience of around 100,000 boating enthusiasts who share a common interest in life on the water.
The show draws an impressively diverse international crowd of buyers, sellers and new entrants to the boating community who come to see the latest that the global boating industry has to offer. Here are some of the must-do activities on offer at the top boating event.
1. Check Out the Amazing Array of Boats
A wide variety of more than 1,200 boats will be on display including runabouts, sport-fishers, high performance boats, center consoles, cabin cruisers, flat boats, skiffs, express cruisers, sailing yachts, motor yachts, bowriders, catamarans, ski boats, jet boats, trawlers and inflatables.
The stars of the show, however, will be the superyachts in attendance, among which will be a fantastic line up of yachts available for private yacht charters. These include the 78m/257ft motor yacht TV, the 73m/238ft motor yacht CLOUDBREAK and the 50m/163ft motor yacht VERTIGE.
2. Learn From an Expert
First-time boaters and seasoned skippers alike can improve their boat handling skills at the ‘Take the Helm’ courses, sponsored by Carefree Boat Club. Instruction includes basic and advanced docking skills, anchoring and multi-vessel rafting techniques, open water boat handling, first mate skills and more.
3. Brush Up On Your Fishing Skills
The IGFA School of Sportfishing is offering a line-up of seminars for adults, covering all aspects of fishing, while kids can take part in Hook the Future fishing clinics at the show’s Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.
4. Live It Up VIP Style
The Windward VIP Club Experience, located at the Hall of Fame Marina, offers the luxury of a private dining area, a premium open bar, gourmet food and meet-and-greet opportunities. This air-conditioned sanctuary is the perfect platform to network and close business.
5. Swot Up At Yachting-Themed Seminars
Located at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, the Blue Wild features seminars on scuba diving, freediving, lobstering and safety, as well as a huge selection of ocean-themed art.
6. See Thrilling Water Toy Demos
Check out live paddleboard, kayak, hovercraft and free-dive demonstrations at the AquaZone, presented by Nautical Ventures and located outside of the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center. Learn directly from the pros in a 15,000-gallon pool.
7. Travel by Riverboat and Water Taxi – For Free!
Catch a ride to the show aboard free riverboats and water taxis. The show’s seven locations are connected by a convenient land and water transportation network offering several parking and transportation options to get show-goers to where they need to be with ease.
8. Sip Cocktails on a Floating Lounge
Refresh and recharge in the world-famous floating cocktail lounges. Find a seat, grab a cold drink and cool off in the shade while people-watching and enjoying the live music. It’s also possible to get a bite to eat here and the crowds are guaranteed to get livelier as the day goes on.
FLIBS is the largest in-water boat show in the world, attracting a global audience of approximately 100,000 boating enthusiasts
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Brand new 52m 'Lady Lena' available for 2020 Mediterranean yacht chartersDue to be delivered next year, the 52m/170ft motor yacht 'Lady Lena' is now open for yacht charter bookings for summer ...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.