Following a first look at running shots of motor yacht SUERTE as she impressed on sea trials, YachtCharterFleet examine why she is one of the most exciting debuts gracing Monaco’s waters this September.
In 2014 news came from the self-described ‘boutique shipyard’ Tankoa Yachts that construction had resumed on a ‘Project S693’ under new ownership, a hull that had its origins at Baglietto. A year later images of the shipyard’s first superyacht and word of its unique amenities would capture the industry’s imagination and she would become one of the most highly-anticipated deliveries to come out of Italy.
8. The Tankoa Touch
Praise doesn’t come much higher than Francesco Paszkowski (pictured front right above), and during the building process the designer highlighted how “with each person on their team, there is a profound wish to produce high quality work with personal attention to every single detail” he rarely comes across in the industry.
Choosing a shipyard that seeks delivers “no more than six yachts a year” as not to compromise on quality clearly has it perks. As does going “boutique” for the owner, allowing them to personalise SUERTE down to the small detail to receive a yacht that delivers everything they want in a luxury yacht.
At her 1 July launch, her naval architect Professor Ruggiero watched from the dock and said, “ I launched more than 400 boats in my life. I don’t remember when I saw such a perfect result from the first time in the water.” GM of Tankoa, Edoardo Ratto proudly added, “Achieving such perfect balance at first launch happens once every 40 new launches. I am truly and sincerely emotional about our first yacht.”
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.