This weekend saw the official launch ceremony and christening of the newest addition to the Feadship fleet; 75m/ 246ft motor yacht ARROW.
Feadship's De Vries facilities played host to a party over the weekend, as superyacht ARROW made her first official appearance during a christening ceremony attended by the owner, designers, Feadship staff and VIP guests.
It comes after the superyacht, which was formerly known as Project 703, emerged from the construction shed in mid-December. It was announced that she would be joining the world of private yacht charter shortly thereafter.
Since then, the yacht's exterior outfitting has been completed and she has been fitted with underwater lights. These were on full display for onlookers in Aalsmeer at the launch event, illuminating her razor-sharp lines and flared bow- which were penned by Jonny Horsfield at H2 Yacht Design.
Arrow is an exceptional personal family yacht, quite possibly the best we have ever completed.
The event began with a few words from Feadship director Henk de Vries, who described Arrow as a trailblazer, and the perfect family yacht.
“While all Feadships are pure custom projects, there have been quite a number built recently around the 90-metre mark, considerably longer than the 60-metre spectrum that was more common a decade or two ago.
"At 75 metres, Arrow is right in the middle of this range and a trailblazer for a new and ground-breaking line of super-luxurious boats in this length. She is also an exceptional personal family yacht, quite possibly the best we have ever completed.
"Arrow is the perfect way for Feadship to launch into a new decade with a cutting-edge design that is very much the face of this period of the 21st century.”
Having now seen the end result there is no doubt in my mind: the best car is a Rolls-Royce and the equivalent in the superyacht world is definitely a Feadship.
ARROW may be breaking the mould, but the event continued traditionally- by breaking a bottle of champagne against ARROW's bow. The owner did the honours, and said a few words to the crowds.
“Although I had a ten-foot dingy as a child, this is actually my first real boat. I have, however, seen many other people’s superyachts in my life and have to say that Arrow is the most beautiful and amazingly executed of them all.
“Working together with Henk and the whole team at Feadship has been an absolute pleasure since the day we agreed the contract. The way everyone seamlessly cooperated to blend the exterior with the interior was an unrivalled experience for me.
"Having now seen the end result there is no doubt in my mind: the best car is a Rolls-Royce and the equivalent in the superyacht world is definitely a Feadship.”
ARROW sports both interior and exterior design from H2 Yacht Design, helmed by Jonny Horsfield. Very little is known about the interiors, but the motor yacht is expected to have a well-appointed beach club with a centrepiece bar and highly-detailed furnishings.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Wanderlust: Destinations worth waiting for Travel restrictions may be in place right now due to COVID-19, to but that isn’t stopping us planning ahead and looking...