Following a 3-year conversion with Icon Yachts, the 68.2m (224ft) expedition yacht RAGNAR set off on sea trials in the North Sea this morning.
Dutch yard Icon Yachts got off to an early start this morning, as their superyacht conversion project RAGNAR left the construction hall in Harlingen to begin sea trials.
The 68m vessel is now a state-of-the-art explorer yacht for charter. She is LY3 (Large Yacht Code) compliant and is one of the few expedition yachts for charter with an ICE Class A1 hull.
RAGNAR will be available for luxury yacht charters in some of the most remote regions on earth, and she is equipped with PC5-rated ice-breaking pods that are capable of ‘chewing through’ thick sheets of Arctic ice.
RAGNAR marks the third Dutch-built superyacht to embark on sea trials so far this week, signalling positive progress for shipyards amid the COVID-19 crisis.
Initially launched in 2012 as an icebreaker supply vessel named Sanaborg, RAGNAR has been undergoing a full-scale conversion with Icon Yachts since July 2017.
As well as a completely new look, the yacht has a number of impressive on-board facilities including a fully-equipped wellness centre with a snow room, rainforest shower and classic spa facilities including a steam room and sauna.
She also offers a video games centre, a large swimming pool, a wine cellar and a deck jacuzzi.
She features a fully-equipped wellness centre with a snow room, rainforest shower and classic spa facilities including a steam room and sauna.
She has been converted for an experienced Owner who has previously chartered yachts in high-latitude cruising regions.
Following delivery, the yacht will be open to charter in destinations including Greenland and Alaska.
Her toy locker complements her cruising regions, with a dedicated deck for storing a range of accessories including a Ripsaw EV2 super tank, Sea explorer submarine and a light utility helicopter with a refuelling station. A certified helicopter landing pad completes the arsenal.
The motor yacht has a distinctive profile which was influenced by medieval war craftsmanship. Redman Whiteley Dixon are responsible for both the interior and exterior of the yacht, and Icon has described RAGNAR as a "rhino disguised as a swan"
Interior shots of the yacht haven't been released yet, but the YachtCharterFleet team took some pictures of the scale model of RAGNAR during the 2019 Explorer Yacht Summit.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...