Now less than three months away, the America’s Cup is sure to bring Bermuda alive between 13th and 15th June.
With a number of the world’s most esteemed sailors set to compete on the fine waters surrounding the island, the three day event is accompanied by an on-shore programme to keep everyone entertained and occupied throughout.
In this article, we take a look at five of the best superyachts which are available for charter at the America’s Cup 2017.
With some yachts enjoying access to premium berths and the exclusive race village, a private yacht charter vacation at the event makes for a once in a lifetime experience.
Reducing her weekly base rate and offering a range of range of incredible extras, the 33m/108ft motor yacht MARAE is ideal for those looking to enjoy the America’s Cup in style.
With passes to crew briefings and a dedicated berth in the America’s Cup Race Village, the bespoke 'event package' offered by the sailing yacht also includes a concierge service to take charter guests to and from the finish line.
The winner of the International Superyacht Society Award for ‘Best Sail Yacht 23m-36m’ following her delivery in 2004, MARAE underwent an extensive refit in 2014 to ensure that she remains a worthy rival of other superyachts available for charter.
As well as a generously proportioned master cabin, MARAE also features a double and twin cabin to provide accommodation for up to 6 guests.
No doubt one of the most iconic superyachts to ever grace the waves, the 88m/289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ is available for charter guests to take in the action of the regatta from the comfort of a similarly high performing vessel.
Having received a refit in 2015, the Maltese Falcon has maintained her cutting-edge appeal whilst retaining the distinctive DynaRig design which helped to establish her reputation.
Among the largest superyachts available for charter at the event, the superyacht also has the permission to take 50 people out to the spectator area.
Boasting the largest outdoor cinema arrangement on board a superyacht, as well as dedicated massage facilities and a collection of luxurious communal spaces, she is capable of hosting up to 12 guests for the America’s Cup.
One of the newest superyachts available for charter at the America’s Cup 2017, the 43m/140ft motor yacht ‘H’ is sure to satisfy those with a taste for a more contemporary motor yacht.
Delivered from Benetti in 2015, 'H' is capable of comfortably hosting up to 10 on her sundeck to enjoy the racing in Bermuda this June, making her an ideal choice for small parties of friends or a family.
When it comes to sleeping, a total of five cabins are on offer to those on board, with a generous master cabin accompanied by 2 VIP suites and 2 twin staterooms.
The world's largest sailing yacht available for charter, and the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, the 90m/295ft sailing yacht ATHENA will be perfectly at home at the America’s Cup.
Fitted with a classic mahogany interior, ATHENA has sufficient cabin space for up to ten guests to enjoy both the qualifiers and the final match races.
With a berth in the America’s Cup Marina, those chartering the yacht are sure to be caught up in the excitement when surrounded by the internationally acclaimed sailors and captains competing in the regatta- not to mention the features on offer.
Indeed, with modern entertainment systems, a well-furnished exterior, and even a large library, S/Y ATHENA is a perfect retreat to return to following a day of action.
The owner of a considerable trophy cabinet, the 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ is sure to attract as much attention as the racing in Bermuda this summer.
Indeed, as a superyacht which has been critically rewarded for everything from her exterior, to her interior, and was even named the ‘Motor Yacht of the Year’ in 2015, there’s no question that Grace E is a superyacht of some significance.
As well as offering a number of exterior observation points from which to enjoy the racing, the superyacht includes a dedicated hydrotherapy room, a spacious tender garage, and a large exercise pool on the main deck aft.
Berthed in the America’s Cup Marina, the superyacht is capable of accommodating up to 12 guests across 7 cabins.
In order to find out more regarding any of the superyachts mentioned in this article, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts open for charter in Bermuda.
- 80m COSMOS will be ‘world’s largest and fastest aluminium yacht’ With the capacity to reach speeds nearing 30 knots, Heesen’s 80.7m/ 265ft motor yacht COSMOS combines high performance ...
- 2019 Review: An exceptional year for the luxury yacht charter marketAnother year is drawing to a close, and as we prepare to welcome in 2020, YachtCharterFleet reflects on how the charte...
- S/Y 'Maltese Falcon’ steps in to provide humanitarian aid in the MediterraneanThe 88m/ 289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ reports being involved in a mission to aid the passengers of a small boat...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...
- Foreign-flagged yachts can now charter in AustraliaThe Special Recreational Vessels Bill 2019 has been passed by the Australian parliament, meaning that foreign-flagged y...
- Explorer yacht LEGEND offers incredible Arctic skiing experience with Olympic gold medallistThe 77m/254ft superyacht LEGEND is heading to Greenland and Antarctica to offer unforgettable skiing adventures with Ol...