This year from 26 September the best and brightest luxury yachts will be featured at the Monaco Yacht Show, but there is more to see just outside the show...
The Monaco Yacht Show, considered to be the flagship event in the international yachting calendar, is certain to wow any visitor arriving to view the 120 spectacular yachts lined up in Monaco's Port Hercules.
But whilst efforts have been made this year to create the most comfortable and entertaining experience ever for show-goers, with shipyards and designers exhibiting close to their yachts, there is another experience that guests should not miss out on.
The prestigious event is often inundated with applications for berths and when the show is underway, not all of the yachts in the area will be able to moor in the port. Therefore, many choose to join the event but anchor out at sea and, with this in mind, here's a list of five top charter yachts at anchor during the show.
The magnificent 85m/279ft custom motor yacht ARETI returns to the Monaco Yacht show this year at anchor after her debut at last year’s event. A beautiful luxury yacht built in 2017 by Lurssen, both her exterior and interior are by Winch Design.
Featuring a fresh monochromatic theme throughout, her good looks are not just the only aspect that would make viewers want to come on board. Her vast deck spaces boast a helipad, large swim platform and beach club. On board there's also a fantastic gym with multiple spa pools, sauna, hammam, full-depth plunge pool and dedicated treatment rooms. Her luxurious interior can also accommodate up to 18 guests including an owner’s suite on a private owner’s deck.
The iconic 88m/289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ will head to the four-day show fresh from her win at the Perini Navi Cup in Porto Cervo, Sardinia, and take up her position off the coast of Monaco.
There is more to this Perini Navi yacht than her racing prowess, however. Her three giant rotating masts, each supporting five sails, ensure she is instantly recognisable from afar as her rich array of facilities, including an outdoor cinema, a spa area and a luxurious interior, never fail to wow charter guests.
One of the most exciting launches of the year to join the charter fleet, the 73m/240ft expedition yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Admiral Yachts will also be at anchor and easily spotted from the shore thanks to her rugged Tim Heywood-designed lines and fully-operational helipad.
This is a superyacht which has been designed for global voyages and will be heading to Antarctica after the show draws to a close. She may have go-anywhere capabilities but they are balanced with a comfortable interior, a large beach club, spa facilities and a deck dedicated to the principal charterer.
Another distinctive yacht anchoring off the Monaco coast will be the 71m/233ft charter yacht ‘Haida 1929’. Yet, built in 1929 and embodying the splendour of this classic era, she stands out for totally different reasons.
She returned to the charter market in February of this year after undergoing a major refit at UK yard Pendennis. Combining original features and period fixtures with all the comforts and amenities expected from a modern-day charter option, she now offers a one-of-a-kind cruising experience.
Hidden within her navy hull and crisp white superstructure is a beautifully crafted, opulent interior with multiple options for entertainment, dining and relaxation. Her deck areas are also well suited for any occasion, with a large swimming pool sure to be the outdoor hub of any private yacht charter.
Show-goers lucky enough to get on board Martha Ann will be able to check out both the interior and exterior living areas for themselves
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.