It’s crunch time as the three-day competition, made up exclusively of Perini Navi sailing yachts will push each and every one to their limits.
An exhilarating exercise of performance and skill sees the superyachts racing around La Maddalena archipelago off the coast of Porto Cervo in Italy.
Racing will be divided into two classes: the cruiser-racer class, which is reserved for the more serious competitors and the Corinthian Spirit class, a relaxed division for yachts without spinnakers.
This year’s competitors include the 88m/289ft charter yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’, a yacht in the cruiser-racer class that has taken home victory twice in previous years. However, she was unable to replicate her success at the most recent 2015 event, and was beaten to the punch by the 56m/184ft charter yacht ROSEHEARTY. There’s good news for the ‘Maltese Falcon’ this year however as sailing yacht ROSEHEARTY will unfortunately not be among the line-up at this year’s race.
The competition won’t be easy though and there will be many rivals eager to snap up an accolade. Other yachts who will be part of the fast-paced action on the water include the 59m/192ft luxury yacht SEAHAWK and the 53m/174ft charter yacht ‘Jasali II’, both seasoned competitors in the Perini Navi Cup.
There are also several fantastic Perini Navi yachts attending but won't be part of the regatta. The keen-eyed among you won't find it hard to spot the 70m/230ft sailing yacht SYBARIS as she's the second-largest yacht present at the event, after Maltese Falcon. Joining her on the sidelines are 60m/197ft charter yacht PERSEUS^3 and 60m/197ft sailing yacht SEVEN.
One of the most prestigious events on the regatta calendar, the Perini Navi Cup aims to bolster a sense of community between participants in the Mediterranean yachting circuit. For instance this year at the competition attendees are encouraged to visit others on a yacht-hop. It's a very social event with cocktail evenings, photo exhibits and a huge celebratory gala dinner on the last day after the awards ceremony.
Renowned for its laid-back and cheerful atmosphere, the unforgettable event spans three days of thrilling entertainment and friendly ambience in the idyllic cruising grounds of northern Sardinia.
Not just beautiful scenery for those racing at the Perini Navi Cup, the area is also a popular destination for sailing yacht charter vacations, owing to the sapphire seas and buzzing culture on the Italian shores. The ideal location to rest and relax.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...