Why use a yacht charter broker?
Plan your dream vacation with the help of an industry expert.
Whether you are planning your first luxury yacht vacation or you are a seasoned charterer, the insider knowledge and experience of a yacht broker is fundamental to any successful charter experience. The luxury yacht charter market is constantly evolving with many variables and legalities, so having a full-time industry expert to offer advice can be invaluable to creating your ultimate cruising vacation.
A yacht charter broker will also have an extensive knowledge of charter destinations and be able to advise you on the best places to go, what yachts are cruising there and any different rules, taxes and regulations in relation to those areas. They spend their time travelling the world to visit charter yachts and all the leading yacht shows to get a first-hand account of what each one has to offer, so that they can match this up to a specific client’s needs.
Once you have chosen a yacht, your charter broker will guide you through the entire process completely free of charge as their fees are paid by the yacht’s owner. The price you are charged for the actual yacht will almost always be the same, if not better if you use a broker as MYBA guarantee the same price no matter how you charter. From safety regulations and payment requirements to itineraries and menu preferences, you are assured to save time and stress by using an experienced broker to book your charter vacation.
Reasons to book through a yacht broker:
- It is a completely free service
- Expert, unbiased advice throughout the process
- They visit yacht shows and inspect yachts first-hand
- Knowledge of destinations, itineraries and charter yachts whereabouts
- They do in-depth research and ask questions on your behalf
- Unsurpassed knowledge of the industry and charter market
- Expertise of the necessary legalities (contracts, escrow accounts)
- Act as a buffer in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong
For more information in taking the next step, read our full guide to Finding a Yacht Charter Broker.