Yacht Charterer Builds New 57m Feadship HALO after Falling in Love with Experience
The new owner of the 57m/188ft superyacht HALO, launched over the weekend at Feadship’s Kaag yacht, commissioned the bespoke build after an exceptional charter experience on board fellow Feadship motor yacht Helix.
It is often said that chartering a luxury yacht is the gateway to one day making a purchase, allowing one to sufficiently sample staying in five-star luxury, exceptional, personalised service and freedom of life at sea before making a significant investment. That was definitely the case for the new, happy owner of the latest delivery yacht from Feadship, motor yacht HALO.
The Dutch shipyard completed the vessel in a record 33 months for her owner, who was evidently keen to start life as a superyacht owner after falling in love with the charter experience.
The yacht at the start of his journey was the award-winning 44m/144ft luxury yacht HELIX (now known as M/Y MEGAN), from Feadship’s F45 Vantage range of semi-custom yachts. The owner evidently also got a taste of the exemplary craftsmanship of Feadship superyachts, and felt there was no other shipyard to build his ideal yacht.
A notably high-end vessel offers more space on offer at 57 metres than the Sinot Yacht-designed charter yacht MEGAN, which picked up ‘Best Displacement Motor Yacht’ (below 500GT) at the 2012 World Superyacht Awards and has amenities including a gym and Jacuzzi. Featuring striking exterior styling by British design studio Eidsgaard Design, HALO boasts distinctive stunning curvature, including silver metallic arches running from the bridge and up over the sundeck. Speaking on her unique ‘flick’ seen from her side profile, Peder Eidsgaard commented, “As Halo drives past, however, observers will notice that the aft tip of the arch is actually turning upwards. This creates a subtle playful tail, which is an important part of the yacht’s character.”
She has been specifically designed for world cruising for her excited new owner, who is looking forward to enjoying her bespoke deck spaces, the focal point of which is five metres longer than the average sundeck, with a Jacuzzi and enclosed mooring deck with a helicopter platform also on offer.
Speaking to the owner during her grand launch, attended by hundreds involved in the build, Feadship director Dick van Lent, said “We were delighted to respond to your request after you enjoyed the Feadship experience during a charter trip onboard Helix.”
“After you had felt for yourself the perfect craftsmanship, fine detailing and unrivalled comfort at sea that a Feadship offers, you challenged us to build an extraordinary custom superyacht of your own. This short timeframe required an extensive amount of 3D modelling during the engineering design process and leveraged on the enormous organisational experience of the craftsmen at Feadship. Thanks to the close cooperation with the exterior and interior designers, Halo is a remarkable achievement in every respect.”
FEADSHIP YACHTS AVAILABLE TO RENT:
Symphony Yacht For Charter
102m Feadship, 2015
Savannah Yacht For Charter
84m Feadship, 2015
Air Yacht For Charter
81m Feadship, 2011 / 2017
Callisto Yacht For Charter
65m Feadship, 2006
New Hampshire Yacht For Charter
62m Feadship, 2005 / 2014
Bella Vita Yacht For Charter
45m Feadship, 2008 / 2014
Harle Yacht For Charter
45m Feadship, 2007
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...