The 182m/596ft expedition yacht REV will hit the water today (August 23) at VARD shipyard in Romania.
Research expedition vessel REV will hit the water for the first time at around 17.00 GMT today, according to live data published by the company behind the project.
YachtCharterFleet reported last week that the yacht was due to launch today. She is currently undergoing the final stages of preparation before she travels to Norway for outfitting.
She will be undertaking the journey by tow, travelling up the Danube River, through Istanbul and across the Mediterranean in a journey which is expected to take 30 days.
She will return to VARD's facilities later for fairing, deck laying and a few other final adjustments. The owners are expected to take delivery in 2020.
The yacht is available private yacht charters.
She will be primarily used for conducting research expeditions around the globe, with a focus on pioneering new solutions for climate change, ocean pollution and overfishing.
REV has been commissioned by Norwegian ocean research company Rosellinis Four-10. The company is owned by billionaire businessman Kjell Inge Roekke, who has said he plans to spend time on board with friends, family and research teams.
She will be primarily used for conducting research expeditions around the globe.
She has total autonomy for up to 114 days at sea, as well as an exceptional 21,120 nautical mile cruising range.
She is home to cutting-edge laboratory facilities, a 36-person auditorium and a Moonpool to facilitate the maneuvering of auto submersible devices.
The motor yacht sports exteriors from Espen Oeino and provides accommodation for up to 28 guests. As well as her research analysis facilities, she also has a dedicated media centre and a range of multi-functional social areas.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.