The 182m/596ft expedition yacht REV will hit the water today (August 23) at VARD's facilities in Romania.
Research expedition vessel REV will hit the water for the first time at around 17.00 GMT today, according to live data published by the company behind the project.
YachtCharterFleet reported last week that the yacht was due to launch today. She is currently undergoing the final stages of preparation before she travels to Norway for outfitting.
She will be undertaking the journey by tow, travelling up the Danube River, through Istanbul and across the Mediterranean in a journey which is expected to take 30 days.
She will return to VARD's facilities later for fairing, deck laying and a few other final adjustments. The owners are expected to take delivery in 2020.
The yacht is available private yacht charters.
She will be primarily used for conducting research expeditions around the globe, with a focus on pioneering new solutions for climate change, ocean pollution and overfishing.
REV has been commissioned by Norwegian ocean research company Rosellinis Four-10. The company is owned by billionaire businessman Kjell Inge Roekke, who has said he plans to spend time on board with friends, family and research teams.
She will be primarily used for conducting research expeditions around the globe.
She has total autonomy for up to 114 days at sea, as well as an exceptional 21,120 nautical mile cruising range.
She is home to cutting-edge laboratory facilities, a 36-person auditorium and a Moonpool to facilitate the maneuvering of auto submersible devices.
The motor yacht sports exteriors from Espen Oeino and provides accommodation for up to 28 guests. As well as her research analysis facilities, she also has a dedicated media centre and a range of multi-functional social areas.
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- 75m Feadship charter yacht ARROW makes a splashThis weekend saw the official launch ceremony and christening of the newest addition to the Feadship fleet; 75m/ 246ft ...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...