Superyacht REV has completed the journey from the VARD facilities in Romania to the Norwegian branch of the shipyard for outfitting.
First hitting the waters in August, the vessel completed the 25-day journey by tow.
She will now undergo an eight-month outfitting process before she is transported to Lloyd Werft in Germany for the final stages of construction.
Delivery is set for early in 2021.
REV has been commissioned by Norwegian ocean research company Roselinis Four-10. The company is owned by Norwegian billionaire and businessman Kjell Inge Roekke.
The yacht is available for crewed yacht charters, and she will be used primarily as a research platform for oceanographic analysis and expeditions.
Upon delivery she will become the world's largest yacht, knocking the 180.65m (592ft) superyacht AZZAM from top spot.
The yacht will be used primarily as a research platform for oceanographic analysis and expeditions.
REV features interior styling from the esteemed superyacht design agency H2 and exterior styling from the renowned Espen Oeino.
The yacht's interiors are expected to balance functionality with luxury, and incorporate a number of high-tech features including laboratories, an auditorium and an opening in her hull, known as a Moonpool, from which submersibles can be lowered and maneuvered.
If you'd like to know more you can check out our article, 8 of the best features on board REV.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed