Superyacht REV has completed the journey from the VARD facilities in Romania to the Norwegian branch of the shipyard for outfitting.
First hitting the waters in August, the vessel completed the 25-day journey by tow.
She will now undergo an eight-month outfitting process before she is transported to Lloyd Werft in Germany for the final stages of construction.
Delivery is set for early in 2021.
REV has been commissioned by Norwegian ocean research company Roselinis Four-10. The company is owned by Norwegian billionaire and businessman Kjell Inge Roekke.
The yacht is available for crewed yacht charters, and she will be used primarily as a research platform for oceanographic analysis and expeditions.
Upon delivery she will become the world's largest yacht, knocking the 180.65m (592ft) superyacht AZZAM from top spot.
The yacht will be used primarily as a research platform for oceanographic analysis and expeditions.
REV features interior styling from the esteemed superyacht design agency H2 and exterior styling from the renowned Espen Oeino.
The yacht's interiors are expected to balance functionality with luxury, and incorporate a number of high-tech features including laboratories, an auditorium and an opening in her hull, known as a Moonpool, from which submersibles can be lowered and maneuvered.
If you'd like to know more you can check out our article, 8 of the best features on board REV.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Brand new 52m 'Lady Lena' available for 2020 Mediterranean yacht chartersDue to be delivered next year, the 52m/170ft motor yacht 'Lady Lena' is now open for yacht charter bookings for summer ...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.