The 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
The world’s largest expedition superyacht REV hit the water for the first time today at VARD’s facilities in Tulcea.
Over the next few days, she will begin her journey by tow to Norway.
In Norway, her owners will oversee the outfitting process before she is sent to Germany for fairing, deck laying and the finalization of her accommodation areas.
Once she is complete, she will be available for private yacht charters and will be used for undertaking research expeditions and oceanographic analysis around the globe.
REV is due for completion in 2020.
The motor yacht has been commissioned by Norwegian ocean research company Roselinis Four-10. The company is owned by Norwegian industrialist Kjell Inge Roekke.
As the world’s largest superyacht for charter, REV packs an impressive selection of amenities into her eight decks and gross tonnage of 17,440.
REV will be used for undertaking research expeditions and oceanographic analysis around the globe.
She is home to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and a 7.7 metre Moonpool which will be crucial for studying marine life below the surface of the sea.
She also has an on-board auditorium which seats 36, a multi-functional cargo deck and a media editing suite.
Other key elements include an energy recovery rudder system, medium-speed engines, a direct drive diesel-electric propulsion system with batteries and an exhaust cleaning system.
The yacht boasts complete autonomy for up to 114 days at sea, and has a spectacular range of 21,120 nautical miles.
She features exterior design by world-renowned superyacht designer Espen Oeino.
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- 75m Feadship charter yacht ARROW makes a splashThis weekend saw the official launch ceremony and christening of the newest addition to the Feadship fleet; 75m/ 246ft ...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...