The 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
The world’s largest expedition superyacht REV hit the water for the first time today at VARD’s facilities in Tulcea.
Over the next few days, she will begin her journey by tow to Norway.
In Norway, her owners will oversee the outfitting process before she is sent back to Romania for fairing, deck laying and the finalization of her accommodation areas.
Once she is complete, she will be available for private yacht charters and will be used for undertaking research expeditions and oceanographic analysis around the globe.
REV is due for completion in 2020.
The motor yacht has been commissioned by Norwegian ocean research company Rosselinis Four-10. The company is owned by Norwegian industrialist Kjell Inge Roekke.
As the world’s largest superyacht for charter, REV packs an impressive selection of amenities into her eight decks and gross tonnage of 17,440.
REV will be used for undertaking research expeditions and oceanographic analysis around the globe.
She is home to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and a 7.7 metre Moonpool which will be crucial for studying marine life below the surface of the sea.
She also has an on-board auditorium which seats 36, a multi-functional cargo deck and a media editing suite.
Other key elements include an energy recovery rudder system, medium-speed engines, a direct drive diesel-electric propulsion system with batteries and an exhaust cleaning system.
The yacht boasts complete autonomy for up to 114 days at sea, and has a spectacular range of 21,120 nautical miles.
She features exterior design by world-renowned superyacht designer Espen Oeino.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.