A celebration of the innovation and breakthroughs of the superyacht industry, the 2018 BI Design and Innovation Awards issued a number of prestigious Neptune trophies to exciting superyachts and their designers.
Taking place on Sunday 28th January 2018 in the snowy surroundings of Kitzbuhel, Austria, this year’s Design and Innovation Awards highlight the remarkable superyachts which have been delivered over the past year.
With categories ranging from ‘Best Interior’ to ‘Best Naval Architecture’ and ‘Best Lifestyle Feature’, not a single aspect of motor yacht and sailing yacht design was overlooked. Indeed, there was also a category for ‘Best Ecological Design and Operation Innovation’ to recognise the work that some designers are carrying out to save the world’s oceans.
Taking a look at some of the event’s big winners, we take you through a selection of superyachts which have recently been blessed with a brand new crown to wear.
Which superyachts won at the BI Design & Innovation Awards 2018?
Winning one of the most anticipated awards of the evening, the 110m/361ft motor yacht JUBILEE was named the superyacht with the ‘Best Exterior Styling’. Of course, such a win should come as no surprise considering the incredible acclaim her unique and harmonious lines have received since her delivery.
Designed by Lobanov Design, the curved blue profile subtly draws attention to the size of the motor yacht whilst at the same time providing her with a truly distinctive look.
When it came to interior design, it was the 97m/317ft luxury yacht FAITH From Feadship which took the prestigious title of ‘Best Interior Design and Best General Arrangement’. Again, thanks to a revolutionary layout which features a floating staircase and a double sided fireplace, it’s no wonder that she took command of the judges’ attention.
Applauding the forward-thinkers of the superyacht industry, the Design & Innovation Awards 2018 was a commendable success
Winning the title of ‘Best Ecological Design and Operation Innovation’, the 50m/163ft motor yacht HOME from Heesen clearly won the judges over with her pioneering design and features. The first hybrid superyacht from the Dutch shipyard, HOME boasts an eco-friendly propulsion system as well as a silent cruising mode.
Scoring a double, superyacht HOME was also awarded first place in the category for ‘Best Naval Architecture’.
Moving on to the category for ‘Best Lifestyle Feature Design’, the 98m/323ft motor yacht AVIVA won first place after no doubt wowing the judges with its full size tennis court and artful use of glass panelling.
A notoriously secretive superyacht, very little is know about AVIVA, and the addition of a prized neptune gong to her trophy cabinet is sure to generate plenty more intrigue into the Abeking & Rasmussen vessel.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...