An inaugural gala to celebrate the 25th year of the Monaco Yacht Show the evening prior to the show’s start saw five attending superyachts recognised for their achievements in build and design at the 2nd edition of the show’s awards.
A who’s who of the luxury yacht industry gathered to acknowledge winner across 5 categories at the Monaco Yacht Show Awards, including the Monaco Award, the Interior Design Award, the Exterior Design Award, the Finest New Yacht of the 2015 MYS and The MYS/RINA Award (recognising the implementation of eco-friendly technology).
The judging panel, comprising of experts from all sectors of the industry, carefully selected winners from a pool of 20 applicants (4 in each category).
The first to receive a prize was the 39m/126ft modern classic motor yacht Taransay, with the Rossinavi team acknowledged with the Monaco Award for the 2015 build’s attention to detail as a replica of a 1930’s classic yacht.
The only multi-award winning yacht on the night, 61m/199ft Amels motor yacht ‘Madame Kate’ was next recognised with both the MYS/RINA Award and Interior Design Award, on behalf being up to 15 per cent more fuel efficient than an equivalent clipper-bowed vessel thanks to her innovative, bow design. Her interior has been styled by Laura Sessa Romboli.
The Espen Oeino-designed 66m/217ft Lürssen motor yacht ‘Ester III,’ a finalist at the 2015 World Superyacht Awards, later took the Exterior Design Award – collected by Espen Oeino on behalf of her owner.
Espen Oeino also played his part in the winning build chosen as the Finest New Yacht of the 2015 MYS, with the well-appointed 77m/253ft motor yacht ‘Silver Fast’ taking first honours.
The 2nd Monaco Yacht Show Opening Gala’s awards ceremony continued on from last year’s event, in being a resounding success that builds anticipation for the main event.
The Monaco Yacht Show 2015 runs until Saturday 26 September from 10am to 6.30pm.
The only multi-award winning yacht on the night was the 61m/199ft Amels motor yacht ‘Madame Kate’
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...