An inaugural gala to celebrate the 25th year of the Monaco Yacht Show the evening prior to the show’s start saw five attending superyachts recognised for their achievements in build and design at the 2nd edition of the show’s awards.
A who’s who of the luxury yacht industry gathered to acknowledge winner across 5 categories at the Monaco Yacht Show Awards, including the Monaco Award, the Interior Design Award, the Exterior Design Award, the Finest New Yacht of the 2015 MYS and The MYS/RINA Award (recognising the implementation of eco-friendly technology).
The judging panel, comprising of experts from all sectors of the industry, carefully selected winners from a pool of 20 applicants (4 in each category).
The first to receive a prize was the 39m/126ft modern classic motor yacht Taransay, with the Rossinavi team acknowledged with the Monaco Award for the 2015 build’s attention to detail as a replica of a 1930’s classic yacht.
The only multi-award winning yacht on the night, 61m/199ft Amels motor yacht ‘Madame Kate’ was next recognised with both the MYS/RINA Award and Interior Design Award, on behalf being up to 15 per cent more fuel efficient than an equivalent clipper-bowed vessel thanks to her innovative, bow design. Her interior has been styled by Laura Sessa Romboli.
The Espen Oeino-designed 66m/217ft Lürssen motor yacht ‘Ester III,’ a finalist at the 2015 World Superyacht Awards, later took the Exterior Design Award – collected by Espen Oeino on behalf of her owner.
Espen Oeino also played his part in the winning build chosen as the Finest New Yacht of the 2015 MYS, with the well-appointed 77m/253ft motor yacht ‘Silver Fast’ taking first honours.
The 2nd Monaco Yacht Show Opening Gala’s awards ceremony continued on from last year’s event, in being a resounding success that builds anticipation for the main event.
The Monaco Yacht Show 2015 runs until Saturday 26 September from 10am to 6.30pm.
The only multi-award winning yacht on the night was the 61m/199ft Amels motor yacht ‘Madame Kate’
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...