Racing at this year’s edition of the popular regatta got off to a fine start on Wednesday when a duo of J-Class yachts went head-to-head, resulting in two spectacular races where both competitors – VELSHEDA and SVEA – each clinched a win to finish honours’ even.
The entire 16-strong fleet of yachts then took to the water yesterday, with beautiful sunshine and a light but steady breeze providing brilliant sailing conditions.
In class A, after two and a half hours of racing, Highland Fling finished almost one and a half minutes ahead of SAUDADE to come out on top as last year’s class winner, Win Win, had to make do with third place.
VELSHEDA demonstrated her racing prowess yet again by sailing to victory in Class B as the 46m/151ft charter yacht GANESHA was ranked fourth and the 37m/121ft charter yacht BLISS failed to make an impression, finishing at the bottom of the leaderboard.
The closest contest came in Class C, with SILENCIO getting the better of the 32m/105ft charter yacht BOLERO by just 12 seconds. AQUARIUS secured third place ahead of the 62m/203ft charter yacht ATHOS.
The closest contest came in Class C, with SILENCIO getting the better of charter yacht BOLERO by just 12 seconds
Scorpione of London took Corinthian Class D honours ahead of the 52m/170ft charter yacht Q.
After racing, competitors celebrated a great day on the water at the North Sails Happy Hour, which was followed by the Paella Dock Party at Jack’s Club by St Regis.
Racing at the Superyacht Cup Palma 2018 continues today and tomorrow.
The event is one of the most popular on the region’s regatta circuit and presents a brilliant opportunity to undertake a Mediterranean yacht charter, whether you fancy competing or taking in the action from the sidelines before exploring the rest of Mallorca by superyacht.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...