Revealing the intricacy of her impressive DynaRig configuration, the 106m/348ft sailing yacht ‘Black Pearl’ looked every inch the modern classic as she was filmed with her sails up last week.
Reminiscent of the iconic 88m/289ft sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’, Black Pearl impressed the superyacht world as she opened up her sails in the North Sea.
Having enlisted the services of Dykstra Naval Architects- the same team behind the legendary Perini Navi sailing yacht- it’s no surprise that the latest sailing yacht from Oceanco recalls the stature and significance of such a vessel.
Clearly working at the limits of design, the sailing yacht has generated a wealth of curiosity ever since she was conceived as a concept named Nautilus and, later on, as Project Y715.
Such curiosity surrounding Black Pearl has now been comfortably satisfied, with the latest video illustrating the sheer majesty and power she possesses.
Besides the impressive sail configuration, the exterior is also notable for its use of elliptical windows on the starboard side. Sure to enhance the natural light which flows into the interior, these windows are ultimately as functional as they are stylish.
Renderings of the sailing yacht also reveal that she boasts a side loading tender garage on the port side, and a swimming pool fitted on the main deck aft. Likewise, it has been confirmed that the Italian design team Nuvolari & Lenard are responsible for her interior design.
Developed by Dykstra Naval Architects, the cutting-edge DynaRig concept combines carbon fibre spears, roller furling sails, and intelligent computer software to optimise the performance of large sailing yachts.
Indeed, with effective hydraulic systems positioning the sails at the most appropriate angles according to the data collected by onboard computers, the pioneering concept allows sailing yachts to perform to a much greater standard.
Environmentally friendly and significantly reducing the room taken up by traditional rigging, the DynaRig ultimately allows large sailing yachts such as the Maltese Falcon and Black Pearl to sail economically, and with greater exterior space for guests to take advantage of.
Joining the league of legends, sailing yacht Black Pearl is sure to be a sensation following her upcoming delivery
Sure to become the gold standard for future sailing yachts of this size, it is more than noteworthy that Oceanco have seized upon the opportunity to be amongst the first to fully embrace the advantages of the DynaRig.
As more information becomes available regarding Black Pearl towards her eventual completion, YachtCharterFleet will be certain to keep readers fully informed.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Brand new 52m 'Lady Lena' available for 2020 Mediterranean yacht chartersDue to be delivered next year, the 52m/170ft motor yacht 'Lady Lena' is now open for yacht charter bookings for summer ...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.