The 2018 Cannes Yachting Festival has got off to a fine start with dazzling superyacht showcases and boardwalks abuzz with visitors, as video footage from the opening day of the six-day event reveals.
After a month of fitting and installation, the Cannes Yachting Festival opened its doors on Tuesday, welcoming hundreds of international visitors keen to discover the very best in luxury yachting.
Show-attendees took to the boardwalks in Cannes’ Vieux Port where a variety of vessels, ranging from open, fly and sport fishing boats to brand new superyachts, glittered in the sunshine.
Pink carpets marked out the multi-hull area presenting Europe’s largest collection of motor and sailing catamaran and trimarans, while orange carpets were laid out in the ‘Super Yachts Extension’ where new builds from world-class shipyards such as Gulf Craft, Custom Line and Baglietto are on display.
Fifty more superyachts available for both sale and charter are to be found across the Bay in Port Canto. Some of the best charter options on show here include the 44m/145ft motor yacht ‘Muchos Mas’, the 40m/131ft motor yacht THUMPER and 38m/125ft motor yacht TAKARA.
Overall, there are close to 620 boats in attendance and 120 of these are new models making their worldwide debut. The yachts are then joined by 542 exhibitors from the yachting and luxury sectors.
The Cannes Yachting Festival opened its doors on Tuesday, welcoming hundreds of visitors keen to discover the very best in luxury yachting
Many of these exhibitors can be found in the Palais des Festivals, located close by to the Vieux Port, and include shipyards, naval architects and yacht designers, as well as tourism services, marinas and top-end fashion, jewellery and interior brands.
The number of visitors, on the other hand, is expected to surpass 50,000 over the duration of the show, which comes to an end at 6pm on Sunday 16 September.
YachtCharterFleet is currently on the ground at the Cannes Yachting Festival and will keep the website updated with the latest event news and happenings. You can also catch up with all the action straight from the heart of the show by checking out our Cannes Yachting Festival 2018 live gallery.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed