The 2018 Cannes Yachting Festival has got off to a fine start with dazzling superyacht showcases and boardwalks abuzz with visitors, as video footage from the opening day of the six-day event reveals.
After a month of fitting and installation, the Cannes Yachting Festival opened its doors on Tuesday, welcoming hundreds of international visitors keen to discover the very best in luxury yachting.
Show-attendees took to the boardwalks in Cannes’ Vieux Port where a variety of vessels, ranging from open, fly and sport fishing boats to brand new superyachts, glittered in the sunshine.
Pink carpets marked out the multi-hull area presenting Europe’s largest collection of motor and sailing catamaran and trimarans, while orange carpets were laid out in the ‘Super Yachts Extension’ where new builds from world-class shipyards such as Gulf Craft, Custom Line and Baglietto are on display.
Fifty more superyachts available for both sale and charter are to be found across the Bay in Port Canto. Some of the best charter options on show here include the 44m/145ft motor yacht ‘Muchos Mas’, the 40m/131ft motor yacht THUMPER and 38m/125ft motor yacht TAKARA.
Overall, there are close to 620 boats in attendance and 120 of these are new models making their worldwide debut. The yachts are then joined by 542 exhibitors from the yachting and luxury sectors.
The Cannes Yachting Festival opened its doors on Tuesday, welcoming hundreds of visitors keen to discover the very best in luxury yachting
Many of these exhibitors can be found in the Palais des Festivals, located close by to the Vieux Port, and include shipyards, naval architects and yacht designers, as well as tourism services, marinas and top-end fashion, jewellery and interior brands.
The number of visitors, on the other hand, is expected to surpass 50,000 over the duration of the show, which comes to an end at 6pm on Sunday 16 September.
YachtCharterFleet is currently on the ground at the Cannes Yachting Festival and will keep the website updated with the latest event news and happenings. You can also catch up with all the action straight from the heart of the show by checking out our Cannes Yachting Festival 2018 live gallery.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- 82m M/Y KIBO joins the global charter marketIt has been revealed that the award-winning 82m/266ft motor yacht KIBO is now available for charter in popular Mediterr...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...
- VIDEO: Exclusive look inside newly fitted M/Y O'MEGANew video footage reveals the freshly refurbished interiors inside the 83m/271ft luxury yacht O’MEGA.