One of the most innovative yachts launched by the yard, Project Bravo is now expected to undergo sea trials on the North Sea before her final outfitting takes place in Alblasserdam. She will then be delivered to her owner.
Featuring exterior styling by Nuvolari Lenard and naval architecture by Lateral Naval Architects, she is the first of Oceanco’s "new wave of forward-thinking yachts" to feature the yard’s innovative LIFE (Lengthened, Innovative, Fuel-efficient, Eco-friendly) design.
The fundamental elements of LIFE are brought together in the naval architecture to offer a “harmonious balance between weight, power, technical areas and luxury interior.”
Lateral Naval Architects director James Roy said: “The LIFE design’s use of advanced hybrid propulsion incorporating significant battery capability, combined with a single tier engine room, allows novel use of space to deliver areas of outstanding luxury accommodation.”
Dan Lenard, a senior partner at Nuvolari Lenard, adds: “Our approach with Bravo was to maintain a stunningly sleek profile without sacrificing any interior space. This new exterior style concept is bound to create a new design stream.”
Our approach with Bravo was to maintain a stunningly sleek profile without sacrificing any interior space
The interior design on board luxury yacht Project Bravo has been headed up by Reymond Langton Design. This is the first time the British design firm has worked with Oceanco.
Partner Pascale Reymond said the studio “worked with artisans and craftsmen to create bespoke artworks, fabrics and signature furniture pieces that all combine to create a warm, inviting environment.”
Once completed, Project Bravo will be the third largest yacht ever built in the Netherlands in terms of length and is currently placed to enter the World Largest Superyacht rankings in spot 36.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.