As the 2018 Fort Lauderdale Boat Show reaches its mid-way point, we bring you even more updates and exclusive images live from the iconic yachting event.
Show visitors, yachting professionals and superyacht crews were once again in high spirits last night after another successful day at the annual event, which runs in Florida until 4 November.
The video above, shared by the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show, captures the buoyant mood of the show so far. Over the past two days, boating enthusiasts have flocked to the boardwalks, colourful festivities have enlivened proceedings and scores of yachts have sparkled in the sunshine.
The upbeat atmosphere is expected to continue today as the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show enters its third day and, as always, the standout attraction will be the 1,500 plus boats in attendance, ranging from tenders and flyfishers to luxury superyachts available for both sale and charter.
Rounding off the day in style was the arrival of the 85m/279ft superyacht ARETI. A late-comer to the show, she has taken up position in Pier Sixty-Six next to fellow Lurssen build, the 90m/295ft charter yacht 'Phoenix 2'.
Not all the action centered on the water, however. A variety of auxiliary events also took place, including a number of superyacht seminars at the USSA American Pavilion. Stars of hit reality TV show Below Deck Jonathan Pogash and Adrienne Gang were even on hand for a cocktail masterclass.
The food and drink theme continued in the evening at FLIBS’s first-ever yacht chef competition, which saw Chef Eric Davis of the 35m/116ft charter yacht KIPANY pick up the top prize. For more details on the contest, read our full article on the yacht chef winners at FLIBS 2018.
There was also a variety of forums focused on topical yachting issues. For example, a press panel on board the 51m/169ft charter yacht ‘Lazy Z’ discussed ‘Igniting the Eco Conscience’.
Another key feature was the Aquazone in the Sailfish Pavilion. Continuous in-pool demonstrations of stand-up paddleboard yoga, Flyboards, Hovercraft and a whole host of other superyacht toys ran throughout the day and will continue for the rest of the show’s duration.
boating enthusiasts have flocked to the boardwalks, colourful festivities have enlivened proceedings and scores of yachts have sparkled in the sunshine
FLIBS’s opening hours are from 10am to 7pm, apart from on Sunday 4 November when it finishes at 6pm. To see more pictures from the show, check out our live Instagram galleries: best photos from FLIBS 2018 and best people and party photos from FLIBS 2018.
For more details on any of the charter yachts at the show, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts at FLIBS 2018.
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- 75m Feadship charter yacht ARROW makes a splashThis weekend saw the official launch ceremony and christening of the newest addition to the Feadship fleet; 75m/ 246ft ...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...