First hitting the waters in August, expedition vessel REV is now en route to Norway to begin an eight-month outfitting process.
When completed, the motor yacht will be used primarily as a platform for conducting oceanographic research and analysis expeditions across the globe.
She is being built by VARD in Romania. After travelling to Norway, she will return to VARD for fairing, deck laying and the finalisation of accommodation areas.
Above photo credit: Guillaume Plisson
The expedition yacht is due for completion in 2020.
Upon delivery, she will become the world's largest yacht, knocking the 180.65m (592ft) superyacht AZZAM from top spot.
REV is available for private yacht charters in some of the most remote regions on earth, and is equipped with complete autonomy at sea for up to 114 days.
She has been commissioned by Norwegian ocean research company Rosselinis Four-10. The company is owned by Norwegian billionaire and businessman Kjell Inge Roekke.
REV sports exteriors from world-renowned superyacht designer Espen Oeino, and her interiors have been headed up by H2 Yacht Design.
She features an incredible selection of cutting-edge amenities, including on-board laboratories, state-of-the-art submersibles and a 36-person auditorium.
REV is available for private yacht charters in some of the most remote regions on earth.
She will also have a 7.7m x 5m opening in her hull, known as a Moonpool, from which submersibles can be easily lowered and maneuvered.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.