Set to arrive in Turkey later this month, the 43m/ 140ft motor yacht ‘Ice 5’ is en route to Bilgin’s facilities in Istanbul to begin a full-scale refit.
Due for completion in spring 2020, Ice 5 is currently making the journey to Turkey from Florida via a yacht transportation vessel.
She will arrive at Bilgin’s shipyard at the end of January to begin her refit. The exact details of the refit work will be announced by the Turkish yard following an inspection.
She is on schedule to be relaunched in the coming months, and will be available for Mediterranean yacht charters this summer.
‘Ice 5’ was launched by Turquoise, another Turkish shipbuilder, in 2002 and was last refitted in 2017. She features exterior styling from Paolo Caliari and interior design by Jean-Guy Verges and Paolo Caliari, and provides accommodation for up to 12 guests in six well-appointed cabins.
She plays host to a range of amenities, including a home cinema suite, a sundeck spa pool and a full-beam master suite with a large bathtub.
The refit will breathe fresh life back into the yacht, ensuring she is in pristine condition for her charter guests this summer. She is expected to undergo changes to her upholstery, and she will be fitted with modern upgrades and the latest technology for increased on-board comfort.
Ice 5 is a regularly-maintained superyacht, so she is expected to emerge from the Bilgin shed looking as good as new.
Refits are a surefire way to refresh the look and feel of an older yacht, providing a stylish and well-maintained platform for charter clients.
Refitted yachts are also a great option for clients looking to save money on their yacht charter, as older yachts are typically available to charter at a lower price when compared to brand new yachts.
Ice 5 is a yacht that is regularly maintained, so she is expected to leave the Bilgin shed looking as good as new.
She is owned by the same owner as Bilgin-built motor yacht ‘Snow 5’, formerly known as LILIUM, a yacht which was built in 2019 and sold at the end of last year.
Bilgin Yachts currently has three models in their 80-metre Bilgin 263 series under construction. The first hull is expected to be delivered in the first half of 2020, while the second hull is due to launch towards the end of the year.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed