The Seychelles Declares Piracy-free Waters for Superyacht Charters
In the past, superyacht charters in the Seychelles have suffered from perturbing bouts of piracy, but now the country’s Minister of Tourism and Culture, Alain St Ange, has declared that piracy is no longer a concern for the industry.
The Seychelles’ close proximity to Somali waters has made the archipelago particularly vulnerable to piracy. However, according to St Ange, piracy is no longer a threat and, subsequently, more luxury yacht charters than ever are returning to the region's stunning cruising grounds.
Made up of 115 islands, scattered across the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles boasts breath-taking landscapes of green-swathed mountains, tranquil beaches and cascading waterfalls. It’s the ideal cruising grounds for those after the perfect paradise destination.
The announcement from St Ange, therefore, is extremely welcomed by the yacht charter industry. It also reinforces findings covered in our recent article addressing the recent increase in superyacht charters in the Seychelles. Covering an interview between the captain of superyacht ‘Sea Stream’, Graham Cower, and the BBC, the report looked at the increased interest and the charter location benefits of the Seychelles.
In addition to the alleviated threat of piracy, the archipelago also makes a good alternative to a winter luxury yacht charter in the Caribbean as it’s much less crowded. Plus a yachting itinerary in the Seychelles can incorporate UNESCO World Heritage Sites, a plethora of secluded white-sand beaches, and some of the world’s best scuba diving and snorkelling opportunities.
The yachting season in the Seychelles runs from November to May. If you would like to find out further information about planning your next vacation to the archipelago, please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all the luxury yachts available for charter in the Seychelles.
SUPERYACHTS AVAILABLE TO CHARTER IN THE SEYCHELLES:
Anastasia Yacht For Charter
76m Oceanco, 2008
SuRi Yacht For Charter
63m Halter Marine, 1978 / 2016
Illusion V Yacht For Charter
58m Benetti, 2014
Liberty Yacht For Charter
50m ISA, 2011
Solaris Yacht For Charter
40m Princess, 2014
Sea Jaguar Yacht For Charter
31m Maiora, 1999 / 2015
Letizia Yacht For Charter
28m Camper & Nicholsons, 1991 / 2014
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...