The Caribbean is one of the most child-friendly places on the planet, with scores of idyllic islands, soft alabaster sand and warm clear water just waiting to be discovered by little explorers.
Making the decision to take a family yacht charter vacation to the Caribbean is an easy one. The difficult choice is where, in the one million square miles on offer, to go that will provide not only comfort and relaxation for adults, but also fun and entertainment for the kids.
Take a look below at some of the recommended islands to visit on a yacht charter vacation for families with children:
Made up of three different island chains, the Bahamas is an obvious destination on a Caribbean yacht charter if you have children on board for numberous reasons. To begin with, the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island is extremely popular and a massive hit with children of all ages. Older children will revel in the water park with its multitude of death-defying waterslides and hair-raising rides, while younger kids will enjoy the Atlantis Kids Adventure Park. Another place to visit whilst in the Bahamas is the island of Grand Bahama, where you will discover the stunning UNEXSO where you have the chance to swim with dolphins.
With a myriad of beaches on offer, Antigua is a fantastic island for swimming and water sports that are bound to wear the little ones out. It is also home to Stingray City where families can feed and stroke large shoals of rays which gather in the shallow waters just off the coast. Snorkelling here is also top-notch and will no doubt appeal to older children looking for an exciting adventure to embark on.
For slightly older children and teenagers who are interested in shopping, the French-speaking island of St Barts, located in the Lesser Antilles, is the ideal place to visit. Known as the Saint Tropez of the Caribbean, the capital town of Gustavia has a myriad of designer outlets to rival Paris, London or Rome. St Barts also has a Nikki Beach, similar to the famous party beach in Saint Tropez, where you can escape and let your hair down while the kids entertain themselves with water toys.
The US Virgin Islands
Comprising of three islands - St Thomas, St John’s and St Croix - the US Virgin Islands offers families a whole host of things to do. A must-do for all ages is the Virgin Islands National Park, taking up two-thirds of St John’s and with many excellent hiking trails. You will also find Annaberg here, a former sugar plantation, which has basket-weaving demonstrations for the kids to enjoy.
With a myriad of beaches on offer, Antigua is a fantastic island for swimming and water sports that are bound to wear the little ones out.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...