The Charter Yachts of FLIBS 2014
With the 2014 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show now in full swing, we take a look at some of the luxury charter yachts that are being presented to the yachting industry.
After opening its doors yesterday for what is the event’s 55th edition, it is clear that this year’s FLIBS has welcomed a particularly impressive line-up from the global charter fleet. From world premiere’s to the latest refits, some of the market’s finest vessels are on display this week at what has become the industry’s largest yacht show until Monday 3rd November.
Fresh from her success at the International Superyacht Society Awards on Wednesday, the stunning 60m/197ft Abeking & Rasmussen built charter yacht DREAM is unveiling her award-winning refit this week. Her interior has benefited from a complete re-design by Bannenberg & Rowell, combining her Owner’s personal tastes combined with the elegant signature style of the acclaimed UK-based yacht designers. The chic ‘Zen like’ feel on board has certainly got both brokers and clients talking on the docks, and sees her in pristine condition before she heads out to the Caribbean for the winter season.
In contrast to the modern, cutting edge design of some of the luxury motor yachts on display, the 51m/167’ sailing yacht DUNIA BARU offers a unique kind of charter experience. Launched earlier this year, she brings together design influences from the traditional Indonesian phinisi with the amenities and levels of luxury that come with a contemporary superyacht. She is available for charters in Indonesia and provides a fantastic setting for an unforgettable vacation in some of the world’s most beautiful cruising grounds.
The 2013-launched SAFIRA is another stand out charter yacht, not only for her distinctive expedition yacht lines but also for her sea-handling capabilities
The 2013-launched SAFIRA is another stand out charter yacht, not only for her distinctive expedition yacht lines but also for her sea-handling capabilities. Featuring ice-strengthened steel hull and Schottel Azipod drives she was awarded 2014 Superyacht Award for Naval Architecture and is one of the best-equipped superyachts for environmentally friendly cruising on the global fleet.
Also on display is the 60m/197ft Benetti motor yacht SWAN, one of the charter fleet’s best known vessels. Built in 2011, she offers extensive luxurious living areas and amenities to include an open-air cinema, a private beach club and a huge sundeck featuring Jacuzzi, outdoor bar area, barbecue, gym and plenty space for sun lounging.
For more details about booking a charter on board any of the yachts mentioned contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
Photos (86) See gallery
OTHER CHARTER YACHTS ON DISPLAY AT FLIBS 2014
Amaryllis Yacht For Charter
78m Abeking & Rasmussen, 2011
My Seanna Yacht For Charter
56m Delta Marine, 2001 / 2014
Top Five Yacht For Charter
47m Christensen, 2005
Carpe Diem II Yacht For Charter
46m Trinity Yachts, 2002 / 2011
Checkmate Yacht For Charter
44m Benetti, 2013
Safira Yacht For Charter
39m Newcastle, 2013 / 2015
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...