Superyachts Can Now Stay Longer in Washington Waters Tax-Free
A new Marine Tourism Bill has been passed in the US state of Washington, allowing superyachts to stay longer in its waters without being taxed. This will obviously have a positive effect on those exploring the picturesque cruising grounds of North America on a luxury charter vacation.
The law, which came into effect at the start of September, allows superyachts registered as an LLC – as most are – to stay in Washington waters for 180 days before a 10 percent tax on the value of the yacht is imposed. Previously, the tax would be charged after just 60 days.
This will offer charterers on luxury yacht vacations unprecedented opportunities to explore Washington’s sheltered coastline and the 172 islands that make up its San Juan Country for longer periods of time.
Strung like pearls up the Pacific Northwest coastline, the San Juan Islands are rich in history, indigenous wildlife and bustling harbours as well as plenty of quiet anchorages, perfect for enjoying a peaceful island sunset.
On San Juan Island, the camps of the American Army and British Royal Navy, from when there was a 13-year standoff between the two troops, can be visited, and Native Americans continue to maintain their rich heritage along the coast.
A fantastic range of marine life can be spotted frolicking in the waves such as orcas, seals and sea lions. Whilst in the skies, watch out for Bald Eagles as the islands host the greatest concentration of the bird of prey in continental America.
Superyachts will also be welcomed into the Port of Seattle, the largest city in the state of Washington. There’s plenty to see and do in the city, starting with the recently renovated waterfront. Then, after you’ve finished exploring the eclectic neighbourhoods, fascinating museums and excellent vantage points such as the Seattle Great Wheel and Space Needle, head out to its surrounding mountain ranges and evergreen forests.
A luxury yacht charter to Washington State can also incorporate destinations such as Alaska and British Columbia. To find out more information on creating an itinerary to Northwest America please contact your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all superyachts available to charter in North America.
SUPERYACHTS AVAILABLE IN NORTH AMERICA:
Global Yacht For Charter
67m Shadow Marine, 1982 / 2008
Blue Moon Yacht For Charter
60m Feadship, 2005
Rosehearty Yacht For Charter
56m Perini Navi, 2006
Maria Yacht For Charter
52m Feadship, 1995 / 2014
Meteor Yacht For Charter
52m Royal Huisman, 2007
Harmony Yacht For Charter
50m Westport, 2010
Cocktails Yacht For Charter
48m Trinity Yachts, 2004 / 2012
Serenity Yacht For Charter
37m Flagship, 1993 / 2014
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...