The 63m/208ft expedition yacht SuRi from Halter Marine is the latest charter yacht to star in a Hollywood movie and cinema-goers will be able to catch her on the big screen when ‘Mechanic: Resurrection’ is released on August 26th.
A sequel to the 2011 film ‘The Mechanic’, the thriller sees English actor Jason Statham reprise the role of Arthur Bishop who, in the latest offering, must assassinate three people on three different continents, making each look like an accident, to save the love of his life.
Filming began back in November 2014 in Thailand and a number of scenes were shot aboard SuRi, secured for the shoot thanks to yacht-consultancy agency Yacht Solutions.
The role she serves has so far remained under wraps, but Gareth Twist, managing director of Yachts Solution, revealed back in 2014 that fight scenes were staged on her sundeck and a quick glimpse of the yacht can be caught in the movie’s two-minute-long trailer.
However, audiences will have to catch the movie in full when it is released in cinemas worldwide on August 26th to find out more.
Purpose built as an expedition yacht by the American yard in 1978, SuRi underwent a major transformation in 2012, bringing her up to date for the charter market.
Today she offers thrill-seekers and their families the unique combination of adventure, luxury and an unrivalled collection of water toys and, currently based in the exotic island-chain of Fiji, she is available for charters across the South Pacific.
As well as water toys ranging from Jet Skis, Flyboards and kayaks to scuba diving and fishing equipment, she also boasts a whole of host of fitness equipment, bikes for on-land exploration and, available at an extra cost, a helicopter and seaplane.
Other highlights include a spectacular underwater viewing lounge, a media centre, a massage and steam room, a panoramic observation salon, contemporary yet comfortable styling throughout the living areas, a sundeck Jacuzzi, and multiple lounging and dining options inside and out.
Superyacht SuRi offers thrill-seekers and their families the unique combination of adventure, luxury and an unrivalled collection of water toys
From worldwide adventurer to film star, she shares the screen with other big names in the world of film including Jessica Alba and Tommy Lee Jones.
For further information on chartering M/Y SuRi, get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...