Superyacht INCEPTION Chef takes top prize at Antigua Charter Yacht Show 2015
The 2015 Antigua Charter Show saw the industry’s most creative chefs competing for a top place in the prestigious Chef Competition, taking place for the 16th edition. This year, chefs were set the challenge of putting a Caribbean twist on a traditional Christmas lunch and Scott served up his winning dish in appropriately elegant style.
Asked to produce three courses, entrants had to impress the judges with their skills in presentation as well as their eye for an imaginative recipe. Whilst the rules strictly prohibited the assistance of a sous chef, contestants were able to select a location onboard which they felt would best complement their efforts. After careful consideration, the judges awarded Scott Dickson the winner of this year’s over 160ft category, praising his uniquely contemporary Caribbean twist.
Born in Scotland, Scott's expertise in food and service emerged from a modest background. Helping in the kitchen of his father’s takeaway restaurant aged just 11, Scott developed a passion which eventually led him to catering college, and later, his first job in a prestigious hotel. After becoming familiar with traditional fine dining, Scott went on to work in various Michelin-star restaurants, expanding his repertoire to include the very best - not to mention most difficult - international dishes. Keen to continue challenging himself, Scott made his way into the world of yachting in 2007.
Currently treating guests to his outstanding dishes on board Heesen's appropriately modern INCEPTION, Scott is able to offer his award winning entries in a highly luxurious setting.
Whilst clearly an expert in which dishes should be served where, guests will have the option of eating al fresco on the huge sun deck, inside in the subtly lit and enormous dining area, or out on the unfolding balcony attached to the VIP suite. As a yacht designed for high-end hosting, Scott’s meals perfectly complement the comfortable and beautifully designed social spaces.
Indeed, with Scott on board, guests won’t have to leave the motor yacht to get an authentic taste of the Caribbean.
For further information on chartering M/Y INCEPTION, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all luxury yachts available to charter in the Caribbean.
More Yacht Information
Inception Yacht For Charter
50m Heesen, 2008
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...