In a written statement from Peter Craig, the director of the St Barths Bucket, it was revealed that the cherished Caribbean island will shortly be ‘ready to welcome visitors’, and the historic regatta will go ahead as planned next year.
Receiving the support of the broader superyacht community, Craig also announced that 25 sailing yachts have so far expressed an intent to enter- a more than encouraging figure at such an early stage in proceedings.
Signing off in an excited tone, the director described how visitors can be begin to look forward to ‘superb competition, fantastic shoreside socials, and the Bucket hallmarks of camaraderie and sportsmanship’.
Among the yachts confirmed to compete, a number are available for charter. A regular contender, the 56m/184ft sailing yacht ROSEHEARTY, for example, is sure to inspire the discerning racegoers as she goes for gold in the main event.
Appearing in the ‘Grandfathered’ class (a division for yachts below 30m), the 27m/89ft sailing yacht LUSH will also be a standout participant.
The Bucket Stewards are committed to a 2018 St Barths Bucket that will provide all that this storied event is famous for
Altogether, the event is certain to bring a number of enthusiasts to the waters of the Caribbean for 3 days of unforgettable action.
With the exact details of the race expected to appear in the near future, it’s certainly a good time to start getting excited about the glamorous regatta.
In order to find out how can enjoy a private yacht charter vacation at the highly anticipated event, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the superyachts which are available for charter in St Barths.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...