With tourist figures reaching a ten year high, it seems that the South of France has enjoyed a resurgence as one of the world’s hottest destinations- so what does this mean for superyachts?
Confidently shaking off the terror alert which arose back in 2015, France welcomed its highest number of visitors in over a decade in 2017. Whilst the majority headed to the capital city of Paris, the figures unquestionably spell a bright future for the yachts for charter in the South of France.
Indeed, there can be no question that the effects of France’s enduring popularity will be felt all along the Cote d’Azur, with the likes of Cannes, St Tropez, and Antibes attracting plenty of superyachts throughout the summer.
What’s more, France maintained its status as ‘the world’s favourite tourist destination’- an enviable title which is conferred by the trusted World Tourism Organization each year. Based on the amount of visitors who spend the night, the prestigious title proves that France has remained a preferred vacation spot amongst discerning travelers.
With summer approaching, there has never been a better time to visit this global hotspot to discover for yourself what makes it so special. Looking at its various hotspots, we celebrate what makes the French Riviera great.
A highly versatile region, there are many options to consider when planning a yacht charter vacation in the South of France. If old-time glamour is your thing, then it’s Cannes which is most likely to delight. With a collection of historic attractions to take advantage, and a range of lavish surroundings to get immersed in, superyachts and their guests receive a warm welcome in this millionaire’s playground.
Alternatively, if you’re inclined towards chic beach life, then St Tropez is the place to go for a heavy tanning session and some refreshments at the iconic Club 55 along Pampelone beachfront. Looking at how this seemingly sleepy town in the Var department of the Provence-Alpes-Cote d’Azur has become the preserve of the SuperyachtSet, YachtCharterFleet previously looked at how Brigitte Bardot put St Tropez on the map.
With tradition clearly prevailing, the South of France remains the place to see and be seen in during summer
Due to its close proximity to Corsica, it’s also possible to create an itinerary in the South of France which includes a visit to the picturesque island for a spot of wine tasting and snorkelling.
As one of the most talked about spots in the Mediterranean, charter guests are able to choose between a wide array of superyachts which are open to rent in the South of France each summer.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...