The sun is currently shinning on the competing fleet of superyachts lined up in the Superyacht Cup Regatta Village located at Palma’s Muelle Viejo as the three J-Class contenders make their final preparations for today’s race in the Bay of Palma.
Much is expected of the 44m/143ft sailing yacht SVEA after she dominated the leaderboard at this year’s St Barths Bucket. She will compete against the first modern J-Class yacht, the 42m/137ft sailing yacht RANGER, and the 39m/129ft sailing yacht VELSHEDA.
Tomorrow will then mark the start of three days of superyacht racing. The impressive fleet has arrived in Mallorca from all corners of the globe, and with some very strong racers on the line-up, excitement for this year’s regatta is extremely high.
Of the 18 competitors, six are available for charter including the 32m/105ft sailing yacht BOLERO. This Bolero Yachts build will be returning to defend her title after sailing to victory in Class B at last year’s edition.
Another regular sight at the cup is the 46m/151ft charter yacht GANESHA from Vitters. Although she didn’t make an appearance in 2017, she is expected to be in fine form after a strong performance at last week’s Loro Piana Regatta, where she narrowly missed out on first place.
Charter yacht BOLERO will be returning to defend her title after topping the leaderboard in Class B at last year’s edition
The largest yacht at the regatta will be the 62m/203ft charter yacht ATHOS from Holland Jachtbouw, and she will be joined by fellow members of the charter fleet, Yachting Development’s 37m/105ft sailing yacht BLISS and the 35m/116ft Fast Cruising sailing yacht SOJANA.
Making her debut at the event, meanwhile, and participating in the Corinthian Class will be the 52m/170ft charter yacht Q. A long-distance cruising ketch from Alloy Yachts, she is a strong regatta performer, but has also been designed to offer the ultimate luxury and comfort on a private yacht charter.
At this time of year, Mallorca offers some of the most idyllic racing conditions in the region, as well as some of the best cruising spots for a Mediterranean yacht charter. Away from the cosmopolitan capital Palma, there are turquoise coves, soft golden sands and mountainous backdrops to explore.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...