Well-known for being an outstanding yacht of her era, SOKAR combines timeless design and exquisite craftsmanship, easily earning herself a place at the Monaco Yacht Show 2018.
Previously named Jonikal, the superyacht is the backdrop of iconic pictures of Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed, the son of the yacht’s former owner when the pair took a holiday around the Italian Riviera in 1997.
In 2015, the motor yacht benefited from a refreshing refit which saw the addition of contemporary furnishings and an up-to-date selection of amenities.
However, she has maintained her classic charm with many original fittings still in place and an emphasis on ornamenting the living spaces with traditional pieces. Polished, gleaming wood surfaces are carefully balanced with sumptuous fabrics and nautical touches to give her a warm and comfortable interior. She exudes sophistication, and would have been the ideal choice for a Princess looking to experience the magic of a luxury yacht vacation.
Polished, gleaming wood surfaces are carefully balanced with sumptuous fabrics and nautical touches to give her a warm and comfortable interior.
Among the pictures, the most famous is of the Princess sitting on an extendable ramp that overlooks the sparkling water. Others include the Princess stepping on to a tender, and enjoying time outdoors on the deck.
Although SOKAR looks much the same in many respects, she now enjoys a Helipad and an on-deck Jacuzzi for guests to soak in. Ample outdoor deck space gives her charter guests plenty of opportunities to lie back and enjoy some sunshine or dine together with views of the ocean surrounding them.
When Diana was aboard SOKAR, she gifted a Ralph Lauren sweatshirt to the chief stewardess taking care of the experience. Recently, the item of clothing went up for auction and is expected to fetch over $10,000 when it goes under the hammer.
But if you want to feel closer to a slice of Royal history, SOKAR is currently for sale and will be on display at the Monaco Yacht Show 2018.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...